Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Positive comments for Bike shops that you would recommend.
  • bren2709

Due to the negative crap members are quick to post.
    Thought its about time we done a positive post for Bike shops you would recommend.
    Here’s mine –
    Dave Hinde
    Bike Tart
    http://www.mhollandservicing.co.uk fork and shox servicing
    Descent Gear
    CRC

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Bromley Bike are always excellent.

BillyBull
    Free Member

I popped mine in to Ride Cycles Newcastle this week for few bits done at 1. Phoned shortly after to say it was done! Pretty good service. And they are also now a fox service centre so handy to know you could pop forks or shock into a local shop.

burgatedicky

I find it very hard to fault the service from Merlin Cycles.
    Very competetive pricing and great communication.
    Had a very positive experience recently when I had to change a set of Xt brakes under warranty, got the impression that nothing would have been too much trouble for them.

Now my regular not-quite-local-but-the-nearest-thing shop!

Kuco

Cyclestore.co.uk cheapest for an Oakley pack I wanted and delivered very quick also Biketreks Ambleside also cheapest for some Teva shoes and delivered quickly. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

69 cycles in Hoole Chester,

Fantastic service

wool

Arragon Cycles Penrith Cumbria are fantastic good shop with lots of positive promotion of the sport in the local area.

tazzymtb

activesport
    Mark antony cycles
    Dave Hinde

all top companies

bigjim

the bike chain in edinburgh, winner winner chicken dinner!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol @tazzy

bol

Streetlife Cycles in Norwich. A proper LBS. A bit random compared with the corporate chains, but does all the things a good local bike shop should, plus they’re happy to build you a bike from your bits (for a fair price), and are all keen riders. Always something interesting to look at too.

youngrob

I always use icycles in Innerleithen. Good prices and great coffee.

tazzymtb

seriously:

singlespeed.nl
    29ersquadron
    Fallon cycles
    Charlie the bikemonger
    BETD Goldtec

all brilliant to deal with and really passionate and into their stuff.

si69jc
    Free Member

http://velo-m.co.uk Excellent shop..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles Excellent Excellent and in recent years Quality Tea TETLEY :lol:NICE BIKES TOO 😉

scaredypants

bren2709 – Member
    Bike shops you would recommend.
    Dave Hinde

Christ ! Nearly swallowed my tongue

coffeeking
    Free Member

Always had good service from Merlin (both over the counter and online) and Alpine bikes in Glasgow.

jet26
    Free Member

Just Riding Along. Popped in today with a wheel. Nothing short of brilliant service.

sellisnba
    Free Member

Hot pursuits in kingsteinton
    Great service and shop, spent far to much in there.

thered

Swinnerton’s in stoke, brilliant service, great prices, lovely people who make their customers tea (if you’re nice to them)

Rosss
    Free Member

All the guys and gals at Mammoth Cycles and Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre have always been brilliant. So much so that when I’ve paid my holiday off I’ve decided that im going to go and spend over the odds on some new bars and stem rather than going to CRC. Which have been faultless too but i’d rather go in store.

muddy@rseguy

Quest Adventure in Worthing, always have had had good service from JP and co there plus good stock, good advice and always friendly.

However, they did introduce me to Strava… 😉

andypaul99
    Free Member

Pedalon : not my local bike shop but very impressed with the service. ordered a complete bike with them but called first with a couple of questions, one of which they didnt know the answer to and i got the dreaded ‘ ill give you a call back in 5 mins’ , two mins later the guy called me back with the answers. ( that never happens with my LBS) , my bike then arrived 4 days earlier than the sales guy estimated. Bike was expertly packaged and im over the moon with it. I’ll definately use them again. brill.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Members have every right to post up negative experiences and this doesn’t automatically make them “crap”. 🙄

However i will second BETD Goldtec and raise you the big bad CRC who have nearly always been good and when they’ve been less than good, they’ve always been prompt to rectify the situation. Communication has also been very good from them.

Another one is Spen Velo (lbs) who I’m sure is in the business simply for the love of tinkering with bikes. Chris who owns it puts the same effort into his work (passion/hobby) whether it be fitting a new cable or a full build. I do genuinely feel lucky to have him as the lbs owner.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Bike Scene, Guisborough. Big range of stuff & very knowledgable.

Bunnyhop

The Bicycle Smithy, London Road (A6) Hazel Grove, Stockport.
    Jon has always been really helpful, knowledgeable and has a weekly night ride from the shop.

mrmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.stonehengecycles.com

Lovely people, great shop

mattstreet

Always had good service from Mountain Trax. Friendly folks, lots of nice shiny stuff, and only a short trip from Swinley. 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A big +1 for Cycle Centre in Congleton. Very fortunate to have them as my LBS and I know they’re pretty hot on the mail order front too. Also found good service from Merlin, 18 Bikes and On One / PX. I think the key in these places’ success is the people who work there know their stuff, ride bikes and price sensibly. Just my 10 cents…

seadog101

Wheelbase in Stavely, Lake District.

We bought my sons bike from there recently, and even though it was one of their cheapest offerings they treated us like we were buying the most expensive.

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve said it before, because it’s true: Al and his team at

http://www.garagebikes.co.uk

in Morley.

tomhoward

Boneshakers in Harrogate
    Crc have always been great for me

IanW
    Free Member

Like it, like it..

Thomas cycle revolution- for being superb at bike fitting and road testing.
    Elmys – for having great staff who give advice for biscuits.
    Halfords- for having great value parts.l

bren2709

+1 Wheelbase great bunch.

Patriotpro – maybe so but it the crap that follows with the negative post 🙄

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I always liked The Bike Shop in Hexham.

But they closed for good this week 🙁

hora
    Free Member

OP are you linked to Hinde in someway? I say this as your original post read as though you take the comments personally.

timdb
    Free Member

Another vote here for Mountain Trax – top shop. 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

Swinnerton cycles forest centre have always been good to me.

I’ve also heard nothing but good things about Sandwell Cycles in Blackheath.

TomB

Cycle wise whinlatter, especially for Sean’s spannering.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Positive comments for Bike shops that you would recommend.’ is closed to new replies.