Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Pleasant thought for the day: 48 hrs from now and they could be out the door.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

How good is that thought – that the Tories could well be about to get their jotters.

project
    Free Member

CANT WAIT,

somouk
    Free Member

It’s rather unpleasant to think that Labour and Ed Milliband would be in…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/election-campaign
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-on-here-voting-tory-why
    Couldn’t find somewhere to vent in one of the other threads?

It’s rather unpleasant to think that Labour and Ed Milliband would be in…

With Nicola’s hand right up his…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Lesser of two evils though.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Hope not, Labour and a SNP alliance would spell disaster for the country.

Watty

Fingers tightly crossed.

Stoner
    Free Member

or … in 48hrs a continuity coalition is in place and a wound-licking labour start the public bloodsport of a leadership stabathon. Can’t wait.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Brilliant news – so we could be more like France, Spain and Italy all of whom have much higher unemployment / no economic growth and as a result are having to make further cuts to public services.

Unless you genuinely believe in a magic money tree the reality is that economic growth pays for everything. If the economy slows / shrinks public services have to be cut (as Labour have already committed to doing). The current deficit including pensions liability is around £2.4 trillion (more than the value of all the property in the uk). Is adding to that a smart or dumb idea?

martinhutch

I can see those happy little faces now. Chanting ‘five more years!’ outside CCHQ…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are you evicting your parents ?

weeksy

Yeah, things are going to change instantly… the skies will open up, Angels will sing and we’ll all become richer !

lunacy.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

The current deficit including pensions liability is around £2.4 trillion (more than the value of all the property in the uk). Is adding to that a smart or dumb idea?

This shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Lesser of two evils though.

This. Whilst the Tory’s need to be ousted at almost any cost, I still remember Labour, and their compulsory ID card scheme they tried to launch. Never thought I’d be glad to see the Tory’s come into power.

Plus, music is always better when the conservatives are in office. Why is that?

endurogangster
    Free Member

Cant think of anything better than another labour driven recession. Let the good times roll!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m amazed that Conservative voters exist. To be so selfish and narrow minded is something I just can’t grasp.

Labour may not be much better, but they aren’t actively evil.

tomd
    Free Member

Calm down, for your statement to be true the government would actually have to have the power to make significant changes. Which in reality they don’t.

Dickyboy

Sadly some actively are

ninfan
    Free Member

oh, just imagine the disappointment amongst the lefties on Friday morning, the whinging, the wailing, the utter despair, the grey cloud that will descend across them when they realise the numbers dont add up, and that Ed has managed to spanner the ball into the crowd 😈

freeagent
    Free Member

Sadly some actively are

Tony Blair.

Dickyboy

I find living in ignorance to be the best option these days

porter_jamie

if Ed does get in then Boris will be leader of the opposition. that should make PMQ’s fun

kayla1
    Free Member

Blah blah, economy, blah blah, money, blah blah, I want MOAR stuff…

How about looking forward to a positive change for those less well-off than yourselves?

I really hope Labour, the Green Party and the SNP give the tories a good kicking.

Music is better when we have a tory government because there’s more to be angry about!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIeF7cQR-70[/video]

just5minutes
    Free Member

The current deficit including pensions liability is around £2.4 trillion (more than the value of all the property in the uk). Is adding to that a smart or dumb idea?

wanmankylung

This shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Possibly – and my figure is wrong for sure.

The 2013 / 2014 Whole Government accounts show net liabilities standing at £1.851 Trillion, or which £1.3 Trillion is unfunded public sector pension schemes. Current value of all UK property is around £5.7 Bn, so overall public sector debt is actually only equivalent to 31% of the value of every house in the country.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/419973/PU1786_WGA_2013-14_Accounts.pdf

LHS
    Free Member

You are so nieve it is scarey.

If the tories are out it means you have Ed Balls and Alex Salmond running the country. You would seriously vote for that?! 😯

mt
    Free Member

Well it’s going to be an interesting few days that’s for sure. Either way it’s not going to be party time for the country.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Nicola Sturgeon is leader of the SNP, not Salmond.

They’ve actually been running Scotland pretty well for the last few years.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Current value of all UK property is around £5.7 Bn

Eh whit?

Deficit = how much you are borrowing every given period of time, debt = how far up to your eye balls in debt you are in total.

I have no issue with being in loads of debt as long as we can manage the repayments.

What I have an issue with is individuals getting obscenely rich off the back of increasing public debt. We need do something radical like pay a fair days wage for a fair days work. If employed people need their income subsidised by benefits then they are not being paid a fair days wage. If the business cant afford to pay a wage that lets their employees live above the poverty line without subsidy then it should be allowed to fail.

TheFlyingOx

That is very much a matter of opinion.

kayla1
    Free Member

All of you who are ‘worried’ or ‘scared’ about the possibility/probability of a Labour-led government, what are you actually worried or scared about? You do know the world will still turn and the sky won’t fall on our heads, don’t you? You’ll still be able to post on here about stuff that doesn’t matter on Friday morning.

munrobiker
    Free Member

How about looking forward to a positive change for those less well-off than yourselves?

This. I don’t really care about the economy in terms of business doing well, or defecits. So long as the poor are cared for, benefits are generous enough, the disabled aren’t being shafted and healthcare is up to scratch I’m happy. That won’t happen under a right wing government. It probably won’t happen under a Labour government, but if people keep voting left wing then hopefully they’ll start getting the message.

LHS
    Free Member

Don’t fool yourself! 😆

Have they really? Not running up a huge black hole worth of debt as is being widely reported?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Not running up a huge black hole worth of debt as is being widely reported?

Can you expand on this please?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

And the immigration, hard working families are moving talent to more competitive countries, economy is deficit long term economic plan, more nhs managers are michael gove, asylum seekers on zero hours contracts waiting six months to get a benefits cheat. And the bankers well, they’ve got a top down inheritence tax from brussels in their first time buyers. You couldn’t make it up.

munrobiker
    Free Member

When I lived in Scotland it was a generally pretty nice place to be under the SNP- while I don’t support the idea of independence and am not a Scot the country was run to good social standards, prescriptions were free, eye tests were free, university was free- I felt well looked after.

Back in England it feels like a constant battle against the vulnerable and those with no money, driving the poor out of further education, making healthcare harder to obtain, ostracising the disabled. I don’t see what the SNP are doing so wrong?

TheFlyingOx

If employed people need their income subsidised by benefits then they are not being paid a fair days wage. If the business cant afford to pay a wage that lets their employees live above the poverty line without subsidy then it should be allowed to fail.

Which leads to all the employees being out of work and on unemployment benefits. Which costs more, do you think? Which option adds more to the economy?

ransos
    Free Member

Yes, what we should have instead is the union run by a party which represents solely the affluent areas of one of its four countries. 🙄

Personally I’m hoping nobody gets a clear majority.

I do like a well hung parliament.

retro83
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member
    Can you expand on this please?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/11/scottish-financial-deficit-40-higher-than-rest-of-uk-data-reveals

The latest Scottish government data also showed that that deficit as a share of Scotland’s GDP was nearly 50% higher than the UK’s, even including a geographical share of North Sea oil revenues, because of far higher per-capita public spending.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Pleasant thought for the day: 48 hrs from now and they could be out the door.’ is closed to new replies.