Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Pimp my garage
  • Harry_the_Spider

This is the most macho thread of the month.

Garages, benches, big hooks to hang bikes off, compressors, work stands, and just general Grrrr.

iDave
    Free Member

crikey. what are all those bikes for? I thought there were just two of you in the house? do the cats ride? and why does vortexracing have a little step up to his work bench – is he a tiny keyring person?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Lol. I have been realising that 8 / 2 is actually 4 not 5 and 3, so I think the bike balance of power needs to be re-shifted in our house!

allthepies
    Free Member

How did you prep the walls and floor ? Just brushed the dust/cobwebs etc away and on with the paint ?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I'd love to say we spend hours lovingly sanding them etc etc, but yes, essentially what you said.

Oh, though we did remove 6 layers of lino from the floor as well!

ourmaninthenorth

I'd love to say we spend hours lovingly sanding them etc etc, but yes, essentially what you said.

Oh, though we did remove 6 layers of lino from the floor as well!

We can almost smell the excitement in the Flash household when it comes to cleaning day…. 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Cleaning day? What is this cleaning of which you speak?

gingerflash

"smell the excitement in the Flash household"

Just be glad you didn't smell the lino! 20 years of damp*/mould/dust/grease/filth. Jeez it kiffed!

*The damp was from washing machine leaks, wet stuff in the garage, etc, not from outside.

Brushing rough bare brick takes fricking ages, making sure paint goes in all the tiny little crooks and grannies.

AdamM
    Free Member

Looks ace the Flashes!

The wife and I are emigrating to Australia in September and when we eventually buy our own place I've been promised a shed. But not just any shed, I've been given the following requirements by SWMBO:

1) It must look nice from the outside, so designer shed rather than thrown together from a kit
    2) shower (so I don't have to dirty the house after a ride)
    3) washing machine (to be used for grotty cycling kit so her clothes stay pristine
    4) workshop area
    5) lounge area with TV and sofa

And yes, she has accepted how much this 'shed' is going to cost. :^)

rs
    Free Member

i really need a house with a garage… maybe even just a garage with a sofa bed or something!

ourmaninthenorth

Now then, the flahses, we all know you're super tidy people really. We all saw the way your bikes were lined up in the old garage…. 🙂

Anyway, any chance you could come round and do the same with my cellar?

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

Thanks a bunch to all you gits who posted pictures of your garages

Slopes off to B&Q to buy wall and floor paint 🙄 😆

Bunnyhop

Wow that is impressive mr. and mrsflash. I can't wait to show hubby, as ours is a complete tip.
    We do have a large workbench ( which I need for work too) made out of childrens old bunk beds. Also some posh wardrobes and cupboards that the previous owner left in the bedroom, they hold all our camping gear.

I love garages. In fact we bought the house around the garage, garden and location. The house came last.

MrOvershoot

My garage is way too small and has far too much stuff in 😳

Need to have a serious rethink on layout/structure

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my garage’ is closed to new replies.