Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pennine X MTB Challenge 2009
  • apieceofcake
    Free Member

Hi
    Just to confirm the Pennine X MTB Challenge 2009

Sunday 5th July 2009

Upper Slaithwaite Church (The Shred)
    Bradshaw Lane
    Slaithwaite
    Huddersfield

http://www.penninex.co.uk

theflatboy
    Free Member

i am, like, literally so there. my gf’s parents live on longlands road in that very slaithwaite so don’t have to go far for a rest afterwards!

terrahawk
    Free Member

i am, like, literally so there.

Are you Chandler from Friends?

theflatboy
    Free Member

nope, alicia silverstone in clueless. good guess though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

out of interest, PoC, how hard is this event? I’m not too worried about myself as I’m alright fitnesswise. My chums who I’m roping in, though, are a bit jittery. Is this justified? Basically, do I need to lie about it not being too hard to get them on board? 🙂

Wiksey
    Free Member

Aplication form will be in the post today.
    Is it harder than the CVMBC? (similar area and it’s where I heard of the Penine X)

theflatboy
    Free Member

just in case anyone else is interested, got an email confirming a 9am start on the sunday.

theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone else doing this? sent my form off today. 🙂

taka
    Free Member

im doing it can you sign up on the day?

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah according to the form you can enter on the day for £18, as opposed to £15 in advance (it is for fund raising, though). but there are forms to download off their site if you know you’re going to?

TheDoog
    Free Member

On a similar theme there is a 26 miler this sunday 21st for the overgate hospice in Halifax.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Mountain-bikers-needed-for-hospice39s.5207526.jp

dthom3uk

I reckon the CVMBC is tougher than the Pennine X. It’s a good route and a great day out. It is really well organised and the cakes at the end were terrific.

There’s some tough climbs but nothing too technical from what I remember. I’m not the fittest bloke on a bike and managed to get around in about four hours.

See you there.

tombell1989
    Free Member

I am doing both. Pennine X is about as hard a CVMBC I reckon.

I don’t think it’s quite as long as the CVMBC, but the last hills are a bitch. There is one steep rocky chute which has had a few off in the past too. I love it though.

Can’t wait for Overgate. Have been training like hell!

hp_source

Yeah, I’ll be doing this, nice reminder for me to get the form in the post.

As mentioned above, on a similar level to the CVMBC, but seems to flow better, and includes a bash at the infamous pack horse trail into Marsden, which is worth the wait.

The cakes are great too 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

cool – hdan’t really considered that it might be hard, i’m dragging a few mates round with me and while they’re all fit chaps, i’m the only proper mtber so i’m going to have a relaxed ride acting as their mobile cheerleader, hopefully!

apieceofcake
    Free Member

Stop Press[/b]
    Marsden Man now official photographer on Pennine X MTB

Enter now or wear crimplene trousers 🙂

http://www.penninex.co.uk

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pennine X MTB Challenge 2009’ is closed to new replies.