Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Parmo – Why the love
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Sorry. Obviously the northerner in me, and this thread will probably fall straight off the bottom of the page, but I read this thread hoping to find a discussion on flattened chicken breast, cheese and grease

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paramo-why-the-love

Dunno, but I tried one (in fact it was a half parmo) whilst working in the NE a year or so ago. It was so sickly and I could feel my arteries clogging with every mouthful – it’s that bloody bechamel sauce they put on them too. I couldn’t finish it.

They are obsessed with them up there though. I think ‘they’ must put something in them to make them addictive. Maybe if 75% of unemployed northern monkeys die at 45 through coronory disease it will make the jobless figures look better? 😐

martinhutch

Parmos are one of the principle reasons for the unusually high levels of heart disease in the Darlington area. I read that in the BMJ.

Apparently if you put one on your fire, it will keep your house warm for several weeks.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

To be fair, Parmos are more of a Teeside/Darlo thing. They’re quite new to Sunderland.

I was in Redcar/Boro and you’d even see ‘Parmo’ graffitied onto walls – admittedly probably nick names, but still…

Neil-S
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, Parmo.

Hot Shot Chicken please, chips, no salad.

Man I’m hungry…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Aparently they even do a frozen version in Morrisons now.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Asda sell them, and I noticed some in the Sainsbury’s Local at the end of the road the other week.

When my friend from Glasgow comes down to ride, Parmo is the first item on the agenda! 🙂

scaredypants

haven’t had a parmo for years 🙁

cranberry
    Free Member

You can get them at Lewis and Cooper as well.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Me and the gf are going to attempt to make veganised parmos tomorrow…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Parmo – Why the love’ is closed to new replies.