Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Parking at Sherwood…
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

OK, I have 1 more week left in Nottingham before I’m home for the summer, I quite fancy getting a couple of rides in around Sherwood.

As much as I’d like to ride there I think it might kill me to ride there, do a lap at a reasonable speed and then ride back again so I have to drive! With petrol prices where they are I could do without paying the £4 to park, especially if I’m going up a couple of times so is there any where else to park nearby?
    As long as its not too difficult to get onto the trails I don’t mind where it is, have only been a couple of times so will stick to the waymarked red trail (with maybe a little bit of off piste exploring! 😛 )

So anyone know somewhere else to park?

simon1975

Park at Blidworth, and ride in on NCN route 6 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=459595&y=356634&z=120&sv=459595,356634&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=722&ax=459595&ay=356634&lm=0

Or Park at The Limes Cafe on the A614 at Bilsthorpe – buy a coffee and tell them what you’re doing out of courtesy (they’ll be fine with you leaving the car there). Ride in on the bridleway at the side of the cafe!

Will save on car mileage too!

EDIT: The Limes: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=463695&y=361057&z=120&sv=463695,361057&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=722&ax=463695&ay=361057&lm=0

Megatron

You might be ok at the end of Deerdale Lane, there are usually a few cars parked down there when I ride in. I’ve not seen broken glass about, but don’t let that be a recommendation.
    Can’t remember if they charge for parking at Vicars Water but it’s easy to get onto the trails from there.

Might have a ride there today! try out my other new pair of socks.

DenDennis
    Free Member

note that if yer going this saturday there’s a car rally on- I think a fair amount of trails may be shut for a fair part of the day…
    MIght get down there and mix a bit of MTB/ rally viewing myself tho. 😆

ebygomm
    Free Member

Free parking at either of the places marked on the map here

Easy enough to follow national cycle route 6 back to Sherwood pines

Could always look at getting the train to Mansfield Woodhouse and biking the remainder, the Robin Hood Line takes bikes no problems, no advance booking necessary.

silentsi
    Free Member

Go after 6pm, it’s only £1.

ivantate
    Free Member

Remember all the fees are meant to go into building and maintaining the tracks but thats getting a bit steep.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I know it goes into maintenance and I have paid to park there every time I’ve been (twice one the bike, and once with the parents for a walk), but £4 is quite a lot!

note that if yer going this saturday there’s a car rally on- I think a fair amount of trails may be shut for a fair part of the day…

aw 🙁 weather looks half decent tomorrow (although I expect trails will be damp after today!), and having said that I don’t want to ride there I’ve been thinking about it all day…want to do it now just to see if I can- might ride up to watch the rally 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Parking at Sherwood…’ is closed to new replies.