Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oxshott woods – Anything interesting?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I had a quick ride around there earlier and found a load of paths through the woods and the stuff in the sand pit but I was wondering if there was anything a little less obvious in there that anyone could point me at? My main reason for looking was for an evening offroad loop from home but I’ve seen some videos of what look like “better” riding around there.

jhw
    Free Member

I don’t think so, beyond what you saw. There used to be some small dirt jumps and short little trails by the sandpit but they were removed by the local authority.

I might be wrong though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Ah well. It’s not like it’s too bad there anyway, nothing taxing but for an hour or so after work, it’s better than riding along the river towpath.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Not sure what they’re like now, but they used to be full of pupils from
    Reeds School wearing Pop Will Eat Itself long sleeve tee shirts and smoking weed!

catfood
    Free Member

There are some little bombholes on Fairmile Common next to the car park where the Portsmouth Rd crosses the A3, very tame tho. An Ok wee loop could be done including Esher Common but lots of it is officially footpath.

jhw
    Free Member

little bombholes on Fairmile Common

They used to be ace (I think we mean the same place, just off the Portsmouth Road)

Learned to dirt jump (sort of) there aged 15

atlaz
    Free Member

Is fairmile common the bit on the north side of the road, just over the a3 bridge (heading away from Esher) on Portsmouth Rd?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oxshott woods – Anything interesting?’ is closed to new replies.