Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Own up – was it you?
  • lucien

Was this you?

If it was, MTFU and apologise – in private if you have to

allthepies
    Free Member

FFS!

druidh
    Free Member

Unsporting behaviour will not be accepted at any of our venues or events, if you are guilty of it, stop it! If you are found to be unsporting you will be banned!

A lady rider was knocked into the lake today and the culprit did not stop and he knew he done it as he was observed looking back by witness’s, we are taking this very seriously and hopefully we will identify the culprit and ban him from all events.

A very BIG THANK YOU to MERIDA UK and all our generous sponsors, supporters and especially to YOU the competitor, we look forward to seeing you all in November 2012

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ahh, the classic switcheroo. Trying to pass the blame. Have you an alibi?

druidh
    Free Member

I’d not be admitting to it.

That web page is awful and the bit I highlighted has punctuation errors!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Is this about a badly designed website? Or knocking a woman into a lake?

One is something nobody wants to see, the other would be quite funny if she was a fat lass and made a big splash.

lucien

Ahh, the classic switcheroo. Trying to pass the blame. Have you an alibi?

LOL

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My word that is terrible, my 12yo daughter would make a better job of designing a website than that.

TheSwede
    Free Member

That is diabolical!
    They couldn’t even manage to put in 100% when they filed in the web page size tab. Serious lack of rudimentary site building skills.

Drac

Maybe she was buzzing his back wheel, apparently it’s fair to knock off in these circumstances.

grantway
    Free Member

I take it he did not get his Nectar points

andyl
    Free Member

“he knew he done it”

makes me think:

hughjardon
    Free Member

Ahh that makes sense now, I saw this lady by the side of the lake with a warmer blanket on being attended to, wondered what had happened.

If I need an alibi, I call the results sheet, my times prove that I did not overtake anyone so couldn’t be the culprit 😀

MarkN
    Free Member

That would have been a chilly dip 😡

Pushed in or lost control when being passed? Either way not nice, it is only a friendly race. Some people take it too seriously.

lucien

Glad to see we are back on topic!

cynic-al
    Free Member

PRoper racing requires 110%

Many don’t understand.

tails
    Free Member

I very much doubt someone would actually push someone in a lake, I imagine a rider passed by a tad to close and splash! In the summer it would be comical in the winter not so much fun.

shortcut

What some are not aware of is the drop into the water is long and rocky so the opportunity for proper injury is significant.

There was one guy I witnessed riding like a complete twist, desperate to get past and trying hard to have an accident when he was clearly well out of the top twenty.

No excuse for barging – the pros don’t take a break and wait of a decent opportunity!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

As always there is 2 sides to every story, not saying but just saying..

Ps it wasnt me! 😉

alexpalacefan

Didn’t seem that friendly to me. Far to many with ants in their pants pushing to get past. IMHO.

APF

argoose
    Free Member

maybe he would have had to ride tooo far to get round her 8)

gee
    Free Member

The lady rider in question is a friend of mine. She was trying to pass a man on the left, between the lake and the male rider. There was plenty of space to go 2 abreast as the trail is a gravel path in that location and is a good few feet wide. Having called to the other rider, as she pulled alongside the man, he swerved into her and elbowed her into the lake, as seen by a following group of friendly riders who stopped to help her out of the lake. Apparently she flipped twice in the air then hit the water. The fact she missed the rocks between the path and the lake was a complete miracle. The drop into the lake was so steep she had to be helped out. The water was shoulder deep. The other rider then rode off without stopping, although he did look back and there is no way he would have been unaware of what had just happened.

There did seem to be a fair few angry riders out there at the weekend – we encountered a few who just swerved across a fire road or wider trail without looking behind them first. You’d check your blind spot on the road before changing lane, right….?

If anyone knows anything about this incident please get in touch with the organisers via their website.

GB

Northwind

How much would you like to bet that the pusher would say he didn’t hear any overtake call and that as far as he’s concerned, she rode into him? Might even be true.

nikk
    Free Member

Not to make light of the situation, but:

Unsporting behaviour will not be accepted at any of our venues or events, if you are guilty of it, stop it! Coz that happened to Barry once right, when he was trying to get off with Tracy in the chip-shop, and he slipped on some batter. If you are found to be unsporting you will be banned!

A lady rider was knocked into the lake today and the culprit did not stop and he knew he done it as he was observed looking back by witness’s, and we all know who had done it right coz Sharon saw the whole thing coz she was in the bushes with Kevin or summint or nuffink right it wasn’t me so don’t go tellin lies ok, and told we are taking this very seriously and hopefully we will identify the culprit and ban him from all events.

A very BIG THANK YOU to MERIDA UK and all our generous sponsors, supporters and especially to YOU the competitor, we look forward to seeing you all in November 2012 or somefink

mrlebowski
    Free Member

There did seem to be a fair few angry riders out there at the weekend

It does strike me that a LOT of people forget their manners once the race starts..

gee
    Free Member

I’m stunned that the gist of the thread is picking holes in grammar rather than the incident in question.

Happily Si and co are very good at organising Mtb races so I don’t really care about the quality of their grammar or web design. They do it as they enjoy it, not to be knocked by people hiding behind a web forum trying to sound clever.

Even if he didn’t hear the call he would have seen and heard the splash… Not stopping is more of a crime than the collision IMO.

GB

Blackhound

One possible explanation is that if she called ‘rider left’ the guy was confused between left and right whilst tired / stressed and moved across the track erroneously. I have seen it happen, and got confused myself.

However, that does not excuse not stopping, particularly when the crash sounds quite a serious one.

piha
    Free Member

Very poor form if true, especially riding off after looking back as described in the above post.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Alright I’ll take one for the team.

It was me. Sorry.

Is that better?

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m stunned that the gist of the thread is picking holes in grammar rather than the incident in question.

+1

The keyboard warriors are out in force tonight.

Northwind

gee – Member

Even if he didn’t hear the call he would have seen and heard the splash… Not stopping is more of a crime than the collision IMO.

If the rider thinks she tried to barge past him dangerously then would he feel the same? Might he not think “You could have knocked me in, serves you right”?

(though I would have stopped to pull him out of a lake, to be fair! That’s going too far, but I don’t think it’s neccesarily as open and shut as people are saying. It’s a big step from pushing someone into a lake, to not helping someone if you think it’s their fault they fell in)

pants
    Free Member

!”?/?///%* Oops Grammer!!!!!! 😀

No matter the in’s and out’s, it happened with not even so much as a sorry or stop to see if she was OK!

Some volunteers for web building on here, send us your details so you can crack and build an all singing all dancing with bells on and flashing lights!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Flippin heck, thats dreadful.

But have you seen the other websites that the website creator has in its portfolio? They’re worse!

paddy0091
    Free Member

Absolute bell end. Glad she wasn’t injured.

paddy0091
    Free Member

p.s, nothing wrong with the website.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Own up – was it you?’ is closed to new replies.