Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Outstanding service from MTBbatteries.co.uk (Smudge)
  • el_boufador

So my DX bastid light battery died last autumn and I bought a new one from mtbbatteries.co.uk. (Smudge off this forum) Great service – no problems…

That was until a couple of weeks ago when I stupidly shorted it out with a screwdriver – then it wouldn’t charge up.
    Before binning it I thought it would be worth asking Smudge whether it could be rescued – he said if I posted it back he’d check it out for me…

Well it’s now back with me a couple of days after I posted it, rebuilt with a new protection PCB – free of charge.

Brilliant!

I will definitely be buying from him in the future.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

smudge IIRC not smee

scaredypants

smee was “electric” though – easy mistake to make

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

Oh, OP – you can edit the post and title if you get in early (within 15mins ?)

el_boufador

yeah cheers – edited it!

smudge
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words Neil 8)
    You never told me about the screwdriver bit in the email 😆

althepal

Can only second the comments about the service from Smudge/MTBbatteries.com. Bought one of the XML lights from him, got it within a few days of contacting him to enquire if there was any left, great communication with email updates and the like.
    Was worried about buying a “cheap” light but am reassured by the service and communication from him.
    Would deffo recommend him to friends (and have already..).

pog2000
    Free Member

Agree with everything above – great service from MTB batteries and I’ve heard the same from several friends.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Outstanding service from MTBbatteries.co.uk (Smudge)’ is closed to new replies.