Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

(for all the doubters, shoot me down, but 90% of the time, this works ALL of the time ;))

I better dig out my Sex Panther aftershave.

Pigface
    Free Member

What happens when you meet for the first time and tnink they are nice but I dont fancy them at all. Whats is Lurve meister Shibs advice for that?

DezB
    Free Member

Whats is Lurve meister Shibs advice for that?

Er, tell them?

(sorry that’s my advice!)

I just said, “I don’t think we’re destined for romance” something like that. They’ll know anyway (or be broken hearted!)

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’m not sure the “be yourself” bit really applies when it comes to sending messages on dating sites.

Presumably you are on there hoping to get into a relationship. It’s impossible to do that unless you meet first. Getting a date on a dating site can be surprisingly difficult. You need to be fairly assertive/ aggressive to make it happen

Once you are actually meeting a real life person face to face then you should definitely be yourself and not attempt creepy pick up artist techniques you read about in “the game”

Shibboleth
    Free Member

What happens when you meet for the first time and tnink they are nice but I dont fancy them at all.

You have the best time you possibly can, and with a bit of luck, you might make a friend out of it. I have to say, the worst thing about the process is having to let people down, but as long as you’re not unkind, it shouldn’t be a problem.

There have only been a few dates where it’s been so clear that we don’t get on, and in those instances, it’s come as no surprise to either of us that the other one didn’t text back!

But if she’s keen and you’re not, you’ve just got to be decisive and fair. Obviously, once you’ve met, it’s real life, so real life rules apply – be a gentleman and consider her feelings.

Generally, I would stress what a good time you had, what a lovely person she is (they usually are if you’ve got to the date stage) but that you’re disappointed that there wasn’t that spark… Maybe you’re just a fussy bugger, etc, etc, etc. It gets harder after a few dates…

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s impossible to do that unless you meet first.

How is it impossible to be yourself unless you meet 😕
    be yourself when you chat/e-mail text

Getting a date on a dating site can be surprisingly difficult. You need to be fairly assertive/ aggressive to make it happen

MLEH think it depends tbh
    i think if you are right for each other you will end up dating but yes it might be harder if your competition is Shib 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Junkyard, my advice to you would be to NEVER, under ANY circumstances, try to be yourself…

They’ll just think you’re an irritating, argumentative, obtuse prick and that they’d rather become a lonely old cat lady than date you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lolz at the irony as that is your true self right there and I doubt it appeals to many hence you NLP them with your patter

Its been a light hearted thread no need to do that and drag it into the personal

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Oops, soz Junk, I forgot the winky smiley… 😉

grievoustim
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    It’s impossible to do that unless you meet first.
    How is it impossible to be yourself unless you meet
    be yourself when you chat/e-mail text

I said it’s impossible to get into a relationship unless you meet. Not it’s impossible to be yourself when messaging. I’m just offering advice, you seem to want to get into a pointless, pedantic argument for some reason.

DezB
    Free Member

Still time to edit Shibboleth…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m not sure the “be yourself” bit really applies when it comes to sending messages on dating sites.

Sorry for my confusion
    I am not trying to start an argument at all

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow Shibb where did that little tantrum come from?

Ah the edit saves the day 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Ah the edit saves the day

Unfortunately not. Mod intervention needed?

Pigface
    Free Member

🙁

Shibboleth
    Free Member

you seem to want to get into a pointless, pedantic argument for some reason.

You’ll get used to him.

Does that warrant editing? All I was doing was suggesting what women might think of him if he was foolish enough to be himself… All in good humour, just like his posts… 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Now now boys – this was an amusing thread dont spoil it 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes the last few posts it sure does look like me trying to argue and provoke a reaction 😕

Shibboleth
    Free Member

this was an amusing thread dont spoil it

Apologies, just my attempt to diffuse Junky’s nitpicking in an amusing way… 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey chaps, get a room! 😉 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

But if you do get a room we definitely dont need pictures!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

“So, Junky… Are you the kinda gal that meets for a drink? Or are you one of those that just likes picking arguments on the internet?”

Likes making grown men squirm, Vaseline and zip ties…

bikebouy
    Free Member

*likes cold shoulders, single word responses & snubbing 😛

Shibboleth
    Free Member

likes cold shoulders, single word responses & snubbing

Then dating isn’t for you… You should try marriage instead 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Just about to phone a lady, to arrange a date. I’m shitting myself! Pathetic. I used to be so smooth and confident.
    I’ve turned into Raj

Shibboleth
    Free Member

She’ll be far more nervous Dez, talk to her the same way you might talk to he lady in the nutty shop… That way, if it doesn’t go well, at least you might walk away with a BLT and a slice of flapjack 😉

Good luck, you’re a tiger… Grrrrrrrr

DezB
    Free Member

No flippin answer. Must’ve known it was me.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Obviously, that was “butty shop”… Damn predictive iPads!!

Did you leave a message?

DezB
    Free Member

nah, don’t like leaving messages.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@shib – is “butty shop” a euphamisim? just checkin…

Not leaving a message hmmm… you could try again and just keep it short. Talk slowly and breathe, high pitched breathy squealing is unappealing! Good luck.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Leave a message – what have you got to lose?

Unless of course the lovely lady’s profile is a bogus one set up by bored STW members – then probably just your dignity and any hope of a quiet life for some time . . . . 😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

O – you’re cruel Wench.

“Likes phone hacking, message writing and twisted women”

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Cruel to sew a seed of paranoia . . . But luckily not cruel enough to set up false accounts 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@hammyuk – are you friends with Rebecca and Andy?

scaredypants

Dez – I’m on plentyoffist.com – want to borrow my login ?

You know, spread your net*

*yes, it was

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Plentyoffist”… Won’t be his net that gets spread 😯

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

“Plentyoffist” got to be the best misspell/predictive text error yet 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Cruel to sew a seed of paranoia . . . But luckily not cruel enough to set up false accounts

Merely providing inspiration for those who are 😀
    Have you called again Dez?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

This is still salvageable Dez, text messaging is your friend… Something like “hey, tried to ring last night but must have missed you, let me know when you’re available for a chat… 🙂 x.”

It doesn’t sound desperate – you’ve waited til the following day – and if she’s got anything about her, it’ll make her feel a bit guilty for not taking your call when you’d arranged to ring. She might just have bottled in, in which case it’ll probably help her confidence to know that you’re still interested, and as I mentioned last night, it shows she’s just as, or more nervous than you. So you can take a bit of confidence from that.

Stick with it, she’s not dead in the water yet!

boltonjon

Plentyoffist

You could make millions with that company!! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.