Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah right they ususaly just stopped relying to me

After 8 days and 50 unanswered texts i took the hint 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I messaged someone last night for a laugh – she’s in the same town as me.
    Her picture is a rather artistic interpretation of her and a big, white, hairy… horse… 😆 Will keep you posted!

bikebouy
    Free Member

:lol:^^ sure it’s not a Donkey??

As in, “this is what I want, someone hung like a ………”
    😆

* likes cantering, tally ho’ing & whips.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh flip – just heard back. I don’t think the picture is even of her!! Wibble.

Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF would you use someone elses pictures?
    It is not like looks are unimportant in a relationship

Tell her that yours is not real and send in one of the desperados on here as your stunt cock

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just gently taken the piss. Hopefully she’ll get the hint without getting too psychotic.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Run.

Run fast.
    😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Fake pics are a huge problem, as mentioned before, drag them into the search field on Google images and it’ll show you where else that image appears on the net.

And pet pics… Why the hell do they put a pic of their dog?? If I ever got messages with pics like that, I’d reply “you look really nice in that 3rd photo… Very loyal… Love what you’ve done with your fur…”

DezB
    Free Member

Gimme a break guys, you can see why I was interested

😆

maxtorque

Indeed, a fine Arabian nose.

And the girls not bad either………… 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Gimme a break guys, you can see why I was interested

No! I can’t, for a single minute, see why you’d think that pic was real!! 😆

midlifecrashes

That pic comes up as Pascale 1, taken by Mehmet Turan, a Turkish photographer in Istanbul.

Needs more teddy bears and rainbows.

DezB
    Free Member

(It wasn’t really that one you nutters)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Phew!

Mister-P
    Free Member

drag them into the search field on Google images and it’ll show you where else that image appears on the net.

This I did not know, thank you.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have my first date in years on Thursday night. We have been chatting loads on text and she seems quite normal, interesting and fun. I bet I can mess it up in minutes!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Good luck Mister P! The beauty of internet dating is that you’ve generally built up some rapport by the time you meet, so it’s not like you’re starting from scratch. Have a good time, and report back 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Good luck chaps, if the psychopaths and nutters one of our team has dated from online sites and through running her own singles evenings are any indicator, the pickings seem a bit thin on the normal men front.

We have had to provide counselling on a weekly basis and one rescue – she’s finally found someone but he was someone she had known for years and it just clicked.

There is hope!! 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

She did tell me about one date she went on where the chap talked non-stop about combine harvesters for two hours. I should seem pretty normal compared to that.

DezB
    Free Member

Good luck Mister P!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Sounds like you should be on Tinder MrB! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25088495

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, we’ve done Tinder 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok so in need of a heads up! here…

My recent experiences seem to follow a familiar pattern:

1 Establish contact
    2 messages – no more than 4 or 5 before suggested meet
    3 meet agreed , detail to follow
    4 Makes suggestion of suitable times
    5 No response

Four times this has happened now, anyone have similar?

timb34
    Free Member

If stage 4 is something like “See you at the old graveyard at midnight” then that might explain it?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yeah, you might have a point there, I find petrochemical installations irresistable though 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I never get past 1. 😆

flowerpower
    Free Member

I intercept them… tell them all about your psychotic tendencies and the storage of animal remains in the basement 😈

😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@flowerpower – the problem is I can actually imagine that happening! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

intercept them… tell them all about your psychotic tendencies and the storage of animal remains in the basement

And my obsession with clean armpits? (see other thread 😀 )

Shibboleth
    Free Member

This is a tricky one… You do get a lot of the old “cold feet” but if you’re getting a lot, it sounds like either really bad luck or something needs fine-tuning in your approach.

I’ve always favoured a very direct and decisive approach from the offset, which I think defines the way everything plays out. I think a bit of assertiveness works well as most women are a bit dithery about meeting – they don’t need much of an excuse to back out.

So rather than the sort of “I’m free Wednesday… If you’re not doing anything… and if you fancy meeting…” approach, I always go for more of a “I’m free Wednesday, so why don’t you meet me in [insert town/bar] and I can buy you a drink”.

I’d always suggest the lady chose the actual venue so she’s more comfortable (“somewhere public and well-lit, plenty of fire escapes in case either of us needs to do a runner”) but apart from that, I try to “grasp the nettle”.

I know the haterz will say this sounds arrogant and misogynistic, but it always yielded better results for me.

DezB
    Free Member

That sounds arrogant and misogynistic!

(but realistic 🙂 )

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Dez, I’m an arrogant misogynist, but it seems to work every now and again 😉

flowerpower
    Free Member

@ DezB 😆 will give them a scrub tonight 😳

flowerpower
    Free Member

@ surroundedbyhills – want me to message you and stop at 2nd base – just to stop the trend like 8)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@ shib I get what you mean and have tried to the “you tell me where and I’ll be there” approach..
    How much time do you leave it? I mean, if you feel like comms stopped for no apparent reason, do you wait a couple of days and try again, or just assume she’s got cold feet/thinks your knob/heard from flowepower?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’d leave it a few days and have a second attempt, but if still no joy, I’d leave it at that. That’s the advantage of investing the least amount of time before asking the question – you don’t feel like you’ve wasted much if you don’t get a response.

You have to be realistic – she’ll most likely be chatting with at least one other guy, and with all the will in the world, people only have so many free evenings to go on dates. So it might just come down to the luck of the draw, and someone else got the date.

I would generally leave it until the following Monday/Tuesday so she gets her weekend plans out of the way. Mon/Tues are always the best days as if they’ve had a shit weekend, they’ll be eager to make some plans. You’ll also have a good opener where you can tell her what an amazing weekend you had but you’re free on xxxxx night…

maxtorque

Mister P
    She did tell me about one date she went on where the chap talked non-stop about combine harvesters for two hours. I should seem pretty normal compared to that.

Don’t mention Fat bikes, and you might just get away with it…….. 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

What website for dating fat bikes then?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

There are plenty of those on Plenty of Fish…

Junkyard
    Free Member

The beauty of internet dating is that you’ve generally built up some rapport by the time you meet, so it’s not like you’re starting from scratch

this it not like you dont know them just that you have not mer them

Bit like meeting an STW er and they are always like they are on here so what could go wrong?

I’d always suggest the lady chose the actual venue so she’s more comfortable (“somewhere public and well-lit, plenty of fire escapes in case either of us needs to do a runner”) but apart from that, I try to “grasp the nettle”.

I think that is fine, it’s the modern world but the man still has to do the chasing and the woman still needs to feel “safe”.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.