Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Online Buying Help (Amazon shafting me content)
  • melkor
    Free Member

I’m tearing my hair out here, can anyone offer any advice? I ordered a laptop from Amazon, (they shipped from a 3rd party, RL Supplies). My card was charged immediately and I received a note that the item was dispatched. That was the 7th of October. On the 15th of October I received a mail saying that due to a pricing error I was getting a full refund, which would take 10 working days.

I can’t get a response from either RL Supplies or Amazon but their websites are showing the computer I ordered as being out of stock, so I guess that’s why they want to cancel my order. But after holding onto my money for 8 days? And to take 10 days to refund me?!?

Is this legal? Does anyone know what my rights are or can you advise me where to find them out? Any help would be very gratefully received.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Is this legal?

Yes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Credit card? Get them to sort it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    melkor
    Free Member

Is this legal?

Yes.

That’s crazy. I can’t believe that someone can take your money for 8 days, then just give it back without even a “sorry”. I’ll have that balance on my card for 18 days with nothing to show for it.

I didn’t think of calling my credit card, I’ll give them a shout and see what they can do.

Rob_S
    Free Member

Has it actually appeared on a CC bill which you have had to pay?
    If not then you have not lost anything, other than suffering the inconvenience of expecting a laptop which has not turned up.

I do agree that it is annoying that charges appear instantly on your card but it takes 10 days to refund.

melkor
    Free Member

Rob, yeah it appeared on my online CC statement so the money was removed from my account on the 7th of October.

It’s totally inconvenient though, it was ordered for a birthday and now I’ll have to wait 10 days until I can buy it elsewhere! It was a deal on a laptop that was available from a few sites but I chose Amazon ‘cos I thought they’d be trustworthy. I wonder if the same deals will still be available in 10 days?

Totally angry now!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

mild inconvenience is not the same as being shafted…

TPTcruiser

Turning up to 11 on the shafting! Hope nothing worse happens in your life.
    Other laptops of better spec will be available, they always are.

Rob_S
    Free Member

If it helps vent your anger, why not leave feedback on the supplier?

stumpy01

You need to be quite wary of Amazon these days and make sure that you are actually buying from Amazon and not from one of their third-party marketplace sellers.

I only buy from Amazon UK, not all the little companies trading through Amazon.

Your situation if frustrating, but at least you will get your money back and won’t be overly affected. Just chalk it down to experience & find a more established supplier….?

melkor
    Free Member

Well it feels like an 11 on the shafting scale. Of course feedback will be left.

For me it’s hugely annoying and means I’ll miss giving an important birthday present. It’s the first time I’ve been let down buying online. It’s poor customer service as well, just money returned and a mail saying we’ve refunded you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Online Buying Help (Amazon shafting me content)’ is closed to new replies.