Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One Photo 365
  • tails
    Free Member

So I know many of you started this.

I started off badly did not really enjoy it was often seeing the same things daily.

I started commuting by bike which helped alot and it stopped becoming a hassle I actually enjoyed it and did it instinctively.

Then in April on holiday I got drunk and MISSED A DAY!!!! at the time I was a bit miffed but in hindsight it was okay I have carried on but don't get to fussed if there is nothing of interest that day.

So how are you doing?

My favourite photo I took.

crewlie

Still going, but work days can be really difficult. As you say, the same things to see, walk to work and back, and then too tired to be creative. But can't give up now. Definately notice things I didn't before, also now in the habit of carrying a camera with me most of the time. I think that's a good thing. 😕

Jan 1st

simonralli2
    Free Member

Bit of a crazy year for me and will continue to be so. Started off in Devon, at college, with lots of great photo opportunities of many different things.

I then met my girlfriend in February who was on a 3 week module, so I bored everyone silly with lots of photos of her which made a break from seeing my ugly mug every day 😀

I then finished college (the teaching part) and went to see her in Brazil for a couple of weeks (inbcluding my 40th) and then went to Peru. Peru had its many challenges, and I decided to come back early. I am currently living in a hotel, as my girlfriend has pretty much been living in hotels for the last 9 years as she travels due to being a consultant(she does have a house where her Mum and sister live, but she is only there 1 day a week).

I am here for 2 months writing my dissertation and book, and then will be in Dumfries for 2 months writing and riding – yay! I don´t know when but some time in October I will emigrate to Brazil.

Quite a year. Am loving everyone else´s photos in the group too. A slightly different mix from last year, as this year we have old pros doing their second year, and others going through the same agonies of trying to accomplish the challenge – it really is not that easy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157623112561096/

will
    Free Member

Simon – I have to say I do enjoy your photos and Brazil did look brilliant! Have to say i'm Loving the 365 project and hope to do one every year. This is my first year but I feel I have improved, and am once again enjoying my photography!

My favourite shot is this:

Flickr @: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2010in50mm/

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i started and got through to mid feb and then just got so far behind I binned it. 🙁

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm still going with it and haven't missed a day yet, despite a number of desperate efforts as the clock ticked down towards midnight. It is much more challenging than I realised for the reason that you become very critical of your own work and it can become frustrating when you go through periods when you lack inspiration and end up churning out sub-standard shots, or relying on photoshop to prettify a dull shot.

A couple of my faves so far:

Photoset here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartie_c/sets/72157623123047516/detail/

will
    Free Member

agree totally stuartie on criting your own work! Yesterday's was awful for example! I never seem totally garry with a shot!

rOcKeTdOg

Anyone who does 365 photo projects has some sort of personality disorder, especially if they do it 2 years in a row 😳

stuartie_c
    Free Member

…some sort of personality disorder

Tick.

Will – I'm guessing you are posting from a phone!

blades2000
    Free Member

So I am doing it this year to give me something to do. I don't always have good photos and do end up editing in picasa, too cheap for photoshop.

Just out of interest how many photos have you been taking? Just did a quick count and I have so far taken over 2500 😯

We will just have to see how it goes.

Favourite so far is this one.

Full collection here.

will
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

…some sort of personality disorder

Tick.

Will – I'm guessing you are posting from a phone!

Yeh I was 😆 Garry… meant to say happy!

Blades – For free photo editing try photoscape, very very good!! I use that.

blades2000
    Free Member

Thanks Will.

spacehopper

into the second half of my 365 now.. (started on July 1st last year)

really struggling with inspiration at the moment 🙁

heres a couple of my faves from 2010 though 🙂

and last months controversial competition winner
    (the photo was of me rather than taken by me)

Link to 2010 set

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One Photo 365’ is closed to new replies.