Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • On One Midge Alternatives
  • Big-Dave
    Free Member

As On One seem to have failed to make any new Midges and ship them over I'm trying to find alternatives for my new Cross Check. Does anyone have any experience of the Junebug bars from Soma? Are they any good? Are they comparable? Can I get them in the UK?

Any ideas anyone? I've stuck on an old set of flat bars at the moment but my new ride just looks a bit fuggly with them.

brant
    Free Member

Oh, hang on…

I'll do another video.

brant
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

When are these available then Brant?

brant
    Free Member

Sam has given us some ace feedback on the first ones (which were a bit wrong), but I think this lot look better. We're just going to lengthen the flat bit at the end a bit.

So think we'll do another sample and then production – 3 months?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Yeah, looks good.

Amazing how much interest you can generate with a bent metal tube…

singlespeedstu

I'll try a pair out for you too….

My Midges started creaking the other day. 😥

brant
    Free Member

Yeah Stu – we'll get you a set no problem.

uistboy
    Free Member

search on american ebay for gary bars, identical to midge and i got mine for 20 quid delivered.

singlespeedstu

Cool.

I'll drop you an email.

Sam

I've been a long time Midge user, and I think these look like the perfect evolution, I like them a lot. Potentially one minor tweak to the drawing (if Brant agrees) and they will get two thumbs up from me at least. In the mean time for the OP, perhaps pop a wanted ad in the classifieds? I would normally have sets lying around but am tapped out at present… The junebugs and also the Origin8 bar look very similar to a Midge from what I've seen, though I don't think either have EU distribution.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

All of a sudden and there are quite a few choices.

I'll probably hold out for a pair from Brant. It would only feel weird grabbing hold of something called Gary when I ride off into the woods!

I do at least have some old bars on my bike that I rescued from the back of the garage.

jfeb
    Free Member

So how are the future Ragley ones different in shape to Midges? It appears as if the flat sections in the drops are less flared – is this correct?

daveplanetx
    Free Member

there are some coming in on the next container thats leaving later this week , well see them in 4-5 weeks

there is also a whole wave of new on-one bars on the way , pre production samples on the way , more news in a few weeks

AdamM
    Free Member

I like the look of that Luxy bar, a LOT.

Brant, will Ragley ship to Australia?

brant
    Free Member

We should be able to get you a bar over there through Hotlines or one of our dealers. We have no plans for Australian distribution specifically yet.

Great to hear about more bars from on-one too. The more odd (meant in a nice way) stuff there is out there the better!

AdamM
    Free Member

We should be able to get you a bar over there through Hotlines or one of our dealers. We have no plans for Australian distribution specifically yet.

No worries, I'll just get my sister to buy one here and post it to me.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I am desperate for new bars for my pompy as I currently have a Mary bar whixc will be great on my ss mtb but for commuting I am not 100% with it. I don't like full on drops either so it's either midgeesque or bullhorn for me. Why is it I can't get either type of bar 🙁

jfeb
    Free Member

Digging up an old thread.

Did Brant's "Luxy" bars even make it to production? The only info I can find online is about the prototype that Sam/Singular Cycles tested.

epicyclo

and Midges are now available in pretty colours, except blue 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Salsa Woodchipper

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘On One Midge Alternatives’ is closed to new replies.