Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Not riding today: good excuses
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Mine: sitting in a green room in London. About to be on TV eating food made by Chefs on Saturday Kitchen Live 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Give that Yorkshire git a slap please.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Tell us what you’re wearing, so we can shout at the telly.

AndyRT
    Free Member

It’s easy, my wife and I are the only guests…

almightydutch
    Free Member

Thats not even a good excuse

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Thats a crap excuse, only morons are on the telly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

And you’ll have the afternoon?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Sounds like a good excuse. Me, I’ve messed up my knee. 4 weeks on I am still struggling with stairs, can’t drive and awaiting results from an MRI scan. I hadn’t ridden for a few weeks before buggering up my knee, next weekend will be 2 months off the bike. My sanity is suffering.

nedrapier

default, I’m in a pretty similar boat. it is improving slowly, 2 months on. might go for a tentative spin on the roadbike tomorrow, for a tester. 2 months is a long time. too much time and money spent on the tube, too.

What did you do to bugger up your knee? twisty or bangy?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Off back to parents to fit an exhaust to my van

May squeeze a ride in this aftenoon though

GJP
    Free Member

Waiting for the Sun to come out, not looking too promising at the moment, bloody weather forecasters

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You need to say BIG MARROWS or it’s not you.

Albanach
    Free Member

Flu + tonsillitis…feeling grim!

lapierrelady

At work, looking at the sun shining on the fields outside my classroom window. Don’t finish work till gone 4, so might have to be a night ride for me.

transapp
    Free Member

Knackerd from yesterday’s ride, there rugby on this afternoon and I’ll be out for a good meal tonight with no mini Transapp to wake me up.
    Will ride tomorrow though!

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’m not riding because I’m going to pick up my new Cotic Soul! 😀

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Both. Playing football took a hit from the side with all my weight on it and then crumbled to the floor. I cant bend the knee enough to go out on a bike, walking along the flat is my limit. Physio starts next week, but would have been useful to know what is wrong to get the right exercises and prevent more damage. The last guy tried bending the knee with me on laughing gas, and I started screaming! They are talking about the MCL ligament, but it’s the bone that feels painful.

Bought a load of bike bits to help the pain, new forks and shifters, tools and riding top. Next up is a wheel.

Fortunately my brother is able to return the favour for all the lifts I have given him to work, but im stuck in the office every day until I’m fit to drive to sites, etc…

Have you been doing physio, and what did you do?

iainc

viral infection, sweats, shivers, yeuch – been off work since Tue 👿

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Going out shopping with the wife today to build up the brownie points for
    1) 10km run this afternoon
    2) Long Fat Bike beach ride tomorrow

bigbloke
    Free Member

Helllloooooooo….Mrs AndyRT 😉

BoardinBob

sitting in a green room in London. About to be on TV eating food made by Chefs on Saturday Kitchen Live

Why are you dressed like a cross between Jeremy Clarkson and James May?

wrecker
    Free Member

Did you buy her?

monkeyboyjc

Andy, your wife is Hot – you, not so much…..

i cant ride as i have no bike.

nealglover
    Free Member

AndyRT, can you ask George Lamb if he want a few Handmade Custom Bow Ties in exchange for a website pic/quote !

BoardinBob

AndyRT, can you stab George Lamb

PJM1974
    Free Member

Have just had a modified Weaver Dunn operation on my shoulder. I have exactly two months and twenty eight days until I can ride again. 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Chores

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My daughter has orbital cellulitis and has been in hospital with her mum since thursday. I’ve got the WeeOfficer, so riding is out for the forseeable.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Andy’s MiL taught him to “do it in the New Forest”.

markreed
    Free Member

Petrol bombed during public order training resulting in some nice burns down my lower legs which are now wrapped in parafin gauze and bandages. This whilst still recovering from a complex distal humerus fracture, dislocated shoulder, broken ribs and neuro praxia last summer. Was just getting back up to MTB speed as well. Hey Ho. Mrs AndyRT easy viewing on the eye tho!

BoardinBob

Andy and the missus

wrecker
    Free Member

Delicious looking dick

LOOOL

samuri
    Free Member

Delicious looking dick! LOL

Andy looks so bored.
    Hope he tells that fat idiot he’s a cyclist.
    What you going to do about it dickhead?

aracer
    Free Member

Lurgy. Still can’t believe I’m watching Saturday Kitchen though. Too late to suggest you ask Mr Martin how many cyclists he’s terrorised recently as well.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Need to build my bikes first! which I will be doing in moment after I have been to the loo.

Crap excuse I know.

james0911
    Free Member

im not riding because im waiting for delivery of my bike! haven’t ridden properly for nearly 4 years thanks to a mixture of dislocated shoulder+fractured clavicle, minor spinal compression, no money and SOME SCROTE STEALING MY BIKE!!!!!!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Cheers all,

By the way, wife agrees that my wardrobe is a mess!

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve been nailing down the track on Jnr’s new train layout…..and now I need to test it……

yunki
    Free Member

new baby arrived home yesterday.. 😀

takisawa2

Sat on the sofa with my youngest, watching “Closer to the edge” about Guy martin & the TT race. Awesome. Worried that my lad wanted to go straight out on his bike afterwards.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Not riding today: good excuses’ is closed to new replies.