Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 738 total)
  • Not Another Nicked Ibis Mojo!!
  • Lester
    Free Member

IainC your comment is strange, surely you saying it is stolen without knowing is very similar to me saying i dont think it is. Except that at least i have some first hand dealings here and you are just reading a lot of opinions from other people, he is from leeds ( a big place) some new frames (apparently got stolen) so it must be this bloke must have stolen them.

moz
    Free Member

same as last guy. anyone give me no of frame to prove stolen, i will hand back

Lester
    Free Member

hi Moz, did you meet the guy, Morris he called himself, if so when where and what did you think?

iainc

Lester – I didn't say it was stolen as I know nothing about it. I was merely pointing out that in one place you say it's not stolen, and then on here very shortly thereafter you say you you don't know if it is or not…….

That just strikes me as a bit odd, that's all.

Cheers

moz
    Free Member

the bike is in a tatty state, there is no way its new.
    as said jungle not convinced its theres

dazh

Lester are you for real???? 45 bikes and you couldn't find one you liked?

And please, are you really so naive to think that no one would go to the effort of removing the BB to sell the frame? It takes minutes with the right tools. If I were a thief stripping it is the first thing I would do to lessen the chances of the bike being identified.

Lester
    Free Member

see guys, i told you i didnt think the seller was the brightest in the barrel, my sellers name was morris from leeds, and now we have a new contributor called Moz from Leeds who joined on the 14th Doh

nicks
    Free Member

lester – you also just appeared on the 14th

firestarter
    Free Member

whos interested in cars lol and who sells cars as well as dodgy frames. you gotta ask yourself why and how this guy seems to have had his hands on at least three ibis frames ? but lester you are new too ;-( with no whereabouts ? tho you could put owt on there

im sure some guru could find out if you both registered from the same computer

moz
    Free Member

here we have 2 people willing to match numbers and give back if stolen.
    come on people what more do you want.
    are they stolen or not.
    jungle say not theres ?????????????????

trailmonkey

This is getting more like Brixham harbour every minute.

firestarter
    Free Member

why dont the pair of you post a pic of the serial number that way it cant be made out its stolen if its not . cant get any better than that to disprove everyone can you

moz
    Free Member

seller is being called an idiot but who met to collect a bike with a bundle of cash at the local train station

moz
    Free Member

someone get numbers of stolen bikes and i will put mine on, faire ? i think so

Lester
    Free Member

how would someone identify it from another bottom bracket, and if he had more than one bike he could just swap them !! why is it so naive to think that? i would always try to buy a frame with an existing bb and then swap it out later if i needed to. yes 45 bikes, if you want the list i will send it to you and pictures if you like, the main thing was there were so many bikes i liked the look, of cannondale raven, muddy fox interactive, superV, Titus supermoto, atx dh1, intense m1 etc etc . i found all the old ones looked great but didnt ride anything like the new ones, no disc brake lugs, short suspension, but mainly the coclpit did not suit, i have long legs so i need the seat post to be a long way from the pedals on the right size frame. For me its a bit like trying all the old classic cars, which i could never have afforded to drive or buy, like porsches, lotus, etc but i have tried all the old bikes and i love my mojo, have you ever ridden a mojo?

MrGrim

feel a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole

This thread is getting weirder and weirder with every post 😯

firestarter
    Free Member

only way you can get out of this looking nicked is by posting a photo showing the serial number of the frame , no one can claim its theirs unless they have previously dated proof. all other offers are just pissing in the wind.

by the way moz where abouts in leeds are you ? and where did you pick the frame up from

firestarter
    Free Member

only thing i want a pic of lester is a pic of the new mojo showing the serial number 😉

moz
    Free Member

delivered to me.
    ive covered my back, ive contacted jungle who wish me luk

Lester
    Free Member

i may have met with a bundle of cash, but i have a few heavy mates that come from chapeltown that just happened to be at the station with me!! and yes i joined on the 14th but if i am genuine , i could not have joined at any other time could i? if i have time tonight i will post part of the serial number on here, although as i have another i could put that one there instead if i wanted ! by the way the seller offered me the green one for £400 ( not new ) but i didnt want a green one. also Moz i am not saying the seller was thick i was just meaning he wasnt too savvy about bikes or any thing else, and enjoy your holiday. And what does that mean about selling cars, what has that got to do with bikes?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I've had enough of this.

jungle say not theres

It's theirs

i will put mine on, faire

It's fair

Carry on, I'm enjoying this thread.

Lester
    Free Member

ok m@ck i will posty a picture of me holding my 2 frames showing the serial number, and i will try my best to do that, i am the buyer so obviously not the thief, if in fact they were actually stolen. This is great, i cant believe so many people are interested. Mind you i havent seen one post from someone who has had there naked mojo or green one stolen, thats strange too isnt it?

firestarter
    Free Member

lester the car thing was aimed at moz as the guy selling the frames also seems to be selling a few cars too

BlingBling
    Free Member

Both Lester and Moz seem to be using a keyboard without a capslock key 😯

moz
    Free Member

very strange no one saying they are stolen ?
    im selling mine so unless some can say it is stolen it will be going, the cops say i cant walk in with frame and exspect them to know, dead end if no one claiming it, everyone has seen pics so end

moz
    Free Member

bling bling, 2 people are helping with best info yet but you slag them off, woww

Lester
    Free Member

Bling Bling, see another wrong assumption, i have been at work since 5:30 am and have not had a break yet, also i got home late last night ( from Leeds) and i am trying to interact with forum while i am supposed to be working. mind you there is a rumour my caps lock was stolen from my office and i was going to start another thread to see if we could find the culprit. i was thinking the frame may have been Austin Powers as i think he lost his Mojo !! lol

easygirl

something to consider very cearfully before buying these frames, when i spoke to the head honcho at jungle yesterday, he said that frames without shocks fitted were usually warranty claims that are due to be sent back to ibis, there could be something seriously wrong with these, and they had some warranty frames stolen with the new ones
    NOT saying this is the case, just passing on what i have been told

freeform5spot
    Free Member

I met the chap at Leeds station about the green frame.

It was well used and so not likley to have come straight from a bike shop.

Chap seemed nice enough – had no problems when I turned it down due to wear and tear near BB shell.

Lester
    Free Member

hey i just got a text from The seller asking me to post his phone number 07717 310 547 aND a tEXT sAYING tHAT hIS mATE tOLD hIM i wAS sLAGGING hIM oFF. gREAT tHE cAPS lOCK iS wORKING aGAIN

moz
    Free Member

person frame come from is willing for me to pass his details on if stolen ??????

Dr_Bakes

This is hilarious. Moz (who likes cars, is a 'seller' and from Leeds; and incidentally spells atrociously) just bought his frame and is now selling it instantly, has checked it's not from Jungle to his satisfaction, and is generally convince the ebay seller is 'alright guvnor'?

I think my time buying on ebay may be coming to an end!

moz
    Free Member

the people who were robbed must be on here, cum on wat more info is needed ?

LabWormy

This is fantastic. Up there with "Oneeyedwilly" and his bombers. He was from Leeds too, IIRC.

Lester
    Free Member

A note for any potential Mojo frame owners without a shock, You must NOT put on a 200mm by 57mm shock as it doesnt work, It must be a 200mm by 50mm and these are NOT sold after market on dt swiss xr carbons or on RP23s and if you do you may have have too much travel and break your frame. i was told this by Steve nicol himself the owner of Ibis!!

firestarter
    Free Member

im not sure what im most shocked at dodgy people joining up on here or stw regulars who know the score going to look at clearly dodgy buys ;-( i wonder how long it would be before the price was hiked up to a more reasonable used price and sold on here from a regular and some poor stw'er getting fleeced without knowing. things are going downhill ;-(

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Best WAH! of the year, nice work Lester and Moz 😉

moz
    Free Member

are they stolen ? no one seems to be able to say they are, weres the rest of the stuff ?

Dr_Bakes

The problem is that these bikes so rarely seem to get recovered so that the thief, the seller (if not the same person) AND the purchaser all win. It's the victim, insurer and those of us whose premiums increase who lose?

moz
    Free Member

anyway no one seems to want help, like asumeing to much.
    pls enjoy its not my cuppa so goodbye

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘Not Another Nicked Ibis Mojo!!’ is closed to new replies.