Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 738 total)
  • Not Another Nicked Ibis Mojo!!
  • easygirl

the original crime was north Yorks
    the frame was advertised in leeds, west yorks
    so, potentially , they would have a handling on leeds,west yorkshire, and the original theft/burglary in north yorks.
    sorry about the confusion, im really busy at work amnd typing between other stuff
    but take it from me ive spoken to west/north yorks c.i.d and jungle reps today, and done loads of other enq, and its not for the want of trying that this has not been progressed

Farmer_John
    Free Member

christ on a bike. It's no wonder that individual coppers can't seem to get anything sorted. The only comfort is that the frustration the public have with the police's inability to coordinate across forces is probably a good second second to the frustration of the poor sods who have to actually work as police.

vinnyeh

so, if he pops another up for sale, is it going to be ok to buy it, by the cops?

Hairychested
    Free Member

easygirl, thanks for trying

robhughes
    Free Member

easygirl how can they come to a dead end.he,s selling two cars as we speak.
    you can see the reg plate on one.(got him)

uplink
    Free Member

I guess you're banging your head against the wall with this one Gary?
    Don't worry, you did what you could

CHB

I really feel sorry for people like easygirl. They are great people stuck in a system that is crap.
    I am not commenting on this particular case, but my cousin is a copper in Rotherham and tells me some really horrid stories.

easygirl

its not a dead end as far as leads go
    cant go into it, but its just a non starter

easygirl

all i can say is , in this particular case the police are blameless

melkor
    Free Member

The way that I'm reading this is that the people who've had the bikes stolen aren't co-operating wtih the police. Maybe they don't want chipped, ex-hot bikes back?

IF that's true then it's not very good given that I firmly believe that the whole bike 'community' benifits from every theif caught.

vinnyeh

all i can say is , in this particular case the police are blameless

Interesting. As far as I can see there's three main parties- the thief, the victim/their insurer, and law enforcement. If the police aren't to blame, then the next thing that springs to mind is that the victim/their insurer aren't interested in pursuing.

Or have I overlooked the blindingly obvious?

easygirl

when you have been in my job for a while you get used to carrying out investigations that either come to nothing, or do not get the result you expect.
    you soon come to realise that taking it personally for every incident would make you very ill, very quickly.
    so like most bobbies, i do my best with jobs, and if they are going nowhere, and i cant influence it, i move on and forget about it.
    Thats the only way to keep some form of sanity, its very annoying sometimes, but we are a small cog in a very large machine

easygirl

ill still have some fun with the seller though
    he will think theres a task force of trained ninjas going to descend on his house by the time ive wound him up!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone fancy putting together a raiding party to go and collect some nice bikes? Pick a shop/distributor and we'll help ourselves. Seems so much easier than working hard and paying for them like I've always done in the past. I really do feel sorry for those trapped in the system but it really does make you wonder why you bother being law abiding sometimes.

scaredypants

agree with the above – does seem a bit shit

do the victims have to wish to press charges or whatever?
    If the police know that a crime has been committed, they can pursue the criminal regardless of what anyone else says, can't they? (as long as evidence is available such as frame numbers etc & they can't be refusing that? 😯 )

harrytoo
    Free Member

Genuinely annoyed by this situation,

Think I'm going to buy that Mojo off of e-bay, then turn myself in for recieving stolen goods and then see if I can do a deal to get myself off the charge by passing on details of where I bought it.

"sorry no shocker"

I beg to differ, this whole farse is a shocker, from reading between the lines which no doubt I will be chastised for, we all know these frames are stolen but no-one wants to admit to it as they will have recieved healthy insurance payouts so don't want to pursue it.

So who are the winners and who are the Losers in this?

Winners:
    Victims of this theft – insurance has paid out, they've lost nothing and probably made a couple of quid from the claim.

Thief – Has made over a grand for his troubles of selling stolen goods unchallenged on the biggest online market place in the world. He didn't even have the brains to copy and paste an advert from a similar item, in fact I think he made £100 for every word he spelt correctly in his ad, and thats a similar return to Jordans autobiography.

Losers:
    The rest of us who recieve "adult size" insurance increases as bike theft continues to be seen as an easy pickings for criminals.

Surely there is a responsibility, whether moral or legal, for the victim of this crime to notify their insurers that the stolen goods have been found, recovered, charges pressed and for their insurers to adjust the claim accordingly.

deluded
    Free Member

easygirl,

Thanks for your efforts. You will understand that I appreciate your position entirely (being in the job). I've felt that same frustration and have dealt with it in the exact way you have over the last fourteen years.

In the overwhelming majority of cases the police are powerless to act unless they receive the required level of support from the complainant and people that possess the requisite information, i.e. Ebay.

I won’t speculate any further but I will say this, if Jungle has declined to prosecute I can see no reason why that information can’t be put out onto this forum. Some very good points have been made on this thread (along with a small minority of less intelligent ones).

Sorry, I’ll leave it alone. Like you I put my head above the parapet and took it upon myself to try and resolve this.

In a second Email I asked Jungle to keep me abreast of how this pans out. I await a response.

All the best mate and cheers,

Larry.

easygirl

larry
    thats how it goes sometimes!
    cheers

STATO
    Free Member

Winners:
    Victims of this theft – insurance has paid out, they've lost nothing and probably made a couple of quid from the claim.

Dont forget, the bikes/frames are now the property of the insurance company if they do ever turn up. Jungle can help identify the frames to the police but if they get recovered then they will have to buy them off the insurance company (if they even want them). So i guess its prob the insurance company that isnt playing ball in this situation.

vinnyeh

I'm quietly fuming about this one. Easygirl's posted nothing to suggest that the blame for lack of following through on this rests with anyone other than Jungle and/or their insurers.

Sure, it may not be economic to recover a frame without shock which would probably have to be destroyed, or used as evidence, but I think there's two reasons to try and build a case- firstly the moral one, and secondly, because otherwise the seller will realise that he's found a crime for which there is nobody willing to punish him…..
    Aside from the obvious that the consumer ultimately bears the cost of these things.

vinnyeh

Dont forget, the bikes/frames are now the property of the insurance company if they do ever turn up. Jungle can help identify the frames to the police but if they get recovered then they will have to buy them off the insurance company (if they even want them). So i guess its prob the insurance company that isnt playing ball in this situation.

I understand what you're saying, but surely it was Jungle's premises that were burgled, so I don't think that the insurance company would have final say over investigation/prosecution.

Lester
    Free Member

Hi to everyone on this forum, I bought the frame that you are all discussing and picked it up yesterday from Leeds train station

vinnyeh

PMSL. What an entrance.. 😆

uplink
    Free Member

Hi to everyone on this forum, I bought the frame that you are all discussing and picked it up yesterday from Leeds train station

You don't look anything like this fella do you?

julianwilson
    Free Member

from the station? How helpful of the seller to meet you there!

Lester
    Free Member

the bloke i bought it from was an idiot, but i dont think he was a thief. the 2 frames he had were NOT new even though he pretended he thought they were. before i did the deal with him i asked for his home address which he gave and also if you notice, his phone number was in the ads to ask him questions, so i dont think he was trying to hide that muc. he told me what his car was and I chose where to meet. he definitely had no idea about bikes, but i had the feeling he new little about anything! he could not tell me how the person he got the bike from got them but i dont think he stole them. i guess people are thinking he stole new frames, whic usually come with the "shocker" lol but these were old frames, without any shocks. one of the reasons i dont think he stole it as a bike or even as a frame from someone, is that it had no bottom bracket and he would have had no idea how to remove it or even that it could be. Also the green frame was in worse condition. i have no idea how he had 2 frames, unless there are very careless mojo owners in leeds. i keep my SL chained to my cooker with another bike and 3 more d locks connecting them. and as sacraficial cheaper one unlocked beside them. I look every single day on Ebay and have bought 3 mojo frames and 45 other bikes in the last 3 years, as i say evry day i look on ebay and i always search for ibis mojos, and NOT once have i ever seen an advert from someone saying their ibis mojo had been nicked from leeds or elsewhere which is the first thing i would do, with a few pictures. for me this is all a bit of a mystery

Lester
    Free Member

no i dont look like that fellow, he is the guy bruce springsteen sings about " Johny 99 " lol

wwaswas

well, maybe phone Jungle with the frame number and put everyone's mind at ease?

nicks
    Free Member

45 bikes in 3 years … what do you do ? eat them ?!

wwaswas

he breaks them and sells the parts on here…

maybe just post the frame number on here?

mikey3
    Free Member

why would someone who knows nothing about bikes have these frames in the first place ,gotta be nicked from somewhere down the line,can,t see him buying them off a reputable source for the money they would cost if he knows nothing about them.

Lester
    Free Member

The reason I chose to meet at the station was that it suited ME as i didnt have to get a cab to his house and i didnt have to get a cab back, not only that i would not like to carry cash into the unknown! And also i could then get the very next train back as long as he was on time!! He told me his address and i told him, although i knew i wasnt, that i was coming by car and he had no problems at all offering his whearabouts. in my opinion i dont know if it was stolen, but i dont think he stole it as he was doing absolutely nothing to hide his tracks?

wwaswas

so you'll phone Jungle with the frame number just to confirm your assumptions?

fwb2006
    Free Member

Makes me all warm and fuzzy knowing that our tax payers money goes into creating such elite crack squads managing crime and dishing out justice.

iainc

which, categorically not stolen :

thomthumb – Member
    it's not stolen.

he says so.

or

in my opinion i dont know if it was stolen

😆

Lester
    Free Member

Oh yes, he did mention to me about bikes being stolen from Jungle but that was after i had paid and he had no reason to mention it, in fact thats how i came on to this forum. why would anyone nick a second hand bike and take the used bottom bracket out to sell, no one buys second hand bbs do they?? i have had so many bikes because i was looking for the right bike , as i say i go on ebay everyday usually at 530 am when i get to work and i have occasionally first optioons on newly listed bikes, sometimes i sell them on and make some money but the main reason was to find the right bike for me. i bought and sold on, mt visions, BMW q bike, superV, Kestrel Edge, M FOX r+roll, i have had at least a dozen carbon bikes, 2 profles K2s carbon, lots of bikes so many i cant remember them all. my mate paid £2.5 k for a heckler and then found it was too small! and he has to keep it i have tried evrything except treks and specialized whih i have never fancied. but after all of those i found the mojo which is absolutely perfect for me and i would never swap it !!

Lester
    Free Member

i am more than happy to phone jungle and stif and give them the serial numbers and what is more if it was stolen from either of thos shops i will give it back if they can prove to me it was stolen from them. also if any one who has had a naked carbon one has had it stolen and can give me the correct number of the frame, i will give it back to him for nothing!!!!!! i will obviously not post the number first.

moz
    Free Member

i have the green bike and have contacted jungle who say there,s was medium
    and this is large

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 738 total)

The topic ‘Not Another Nicked Ibis Mojo!!’ is closed to new replies.