Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • North Wales MTB
  • jtodd109
    Free Member

Hi, coming down to North Wales next month for a few days. Which are the best trail centres with red and black routes I should be heading to. Also any decent accomodation would be a help too.
    Cheers JT

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Penmachno and Marin are ace….old school trails with decent bits of single track. Llandegla is decent enough with some great new bits that are fast and jumpy. Coed y brenin could offer you a day or 2’s riding.

highclimber
    Free Member

Llandegla for harder black/freeride

CyB for Red trails

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jtodd109
    Free Member

Ok cheers, probs stop off at Llandegla on the way down, have a couple of nights at CyB and Llandegra or Lee quarry on the way back. Thx JT

willber
    Free Member

Degla is great the first few times you ride – after that it gets a bit, well meh!! Its pretty tame but lets you open the taps which i suppose compensates for the lack of tech!!! Fast and flowy at Degla.

CyB has a bit more to offer – more variety I guess.

The MARIN trail at Beswty Coed is a good day out.

highclimber
    Free Member

The MARIN trail at Beswty Coed is a good half-day out.

FTFY

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

if you only ever ride in wales once it has to be snowdon

jtodd109
    Free Member

What trails are the best at CyB for good downhill and singletrack sections. Also if we get time we might have a blast around Snowdon, any pointers around there would be a help.
    Cheers

excitable1
    Free Member

Don’t miss out Penmachno. The most natural feeling trail centre in North Wales and some really fast flowing trails, great views and some techy bits too. Llandegla is like a BMX track and gets rammed.

rickon
    Free Member

The MARIN trail at Betws Y Coed is a good half-day out.
    FTFY

FTFY better.

Llandegla – do it in a weekday, otherwise it’ll be bonkers busy.

GregMay
    Free Member

Penmachno over ‘Degla. Better trail, nicer feel, less sanitised.

tarquin
    Free Member

FTFY better.

Llandegla – do it in a weekday, otherwise it’ll be bonkers busy.

Ride at lunchtime when all the porkers are at the BBQ 😉

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

Coed-y-brenin is excellent – Dragons Back and MBR are great! There is enogh to keep you going here for 3/4 days!

Last time i went the MBR run had been updgraded to Black and was superb!

Cant speak for Penmachno or Marin Trail as never been – BUT have been to Llandegla and thought it was pretty plop if im honest – The ride out and back in are pants – to flat and boring – The balck extensions are great but overall i didn’t rate it – personal choice I know – Not a patch on Coed-y for me……..

excitable1
    Free Member

Penmachno in the morning and the Marin in the afternoon. They are 10 mins drive apart but not worth linking up on the bike. Loop 1 & 2 at Penmachno is 30k and can be done in about 2hrs 20 (with no stops) and the Marin is about 28k and can be done in about the same time with tired legs from the morning. When you’ve enjoyed Penmachno you’ll be cursing all the fire road on the Marin but it’s still worth doing as a double like that.

Llandegla claims to be Black and Penmachno is is listed as Red. Llandegla is sanitised smooth runs throughout though where as Penmachno is over natural rock gardens through streams and follows natural contours, it is easily more technical and harder than Llandegla. Don’t be fooled.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘North Wales MTB’ is closed to new replies.