Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • no 6th/7th gear on nexus hub?
  • somafunk

I’ve a problem with no 6th or 7th gear on a nexus hub i’m working on, or rather there is a 6th & 7th gear but these are lower gears than 5th? – there was a problem with the hub when it was brought in as it was locked in a low gear and the cassette joint would not move so i stripped it down and freed off the internal release spring/mechanism which cured the problem but on rebuilding the hub i seem to have lost 6th & 7th high gears – what gives?.

The cable is adjusted correctly, i’ve stripped these hubs before quite happily and can rebuild them easily enough but i can’t find any info bout the problem and Ben at Kinetics is away on holiday so i can’t phone him for a bit of advice – bugger

Anyone?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Just a guess – if the gears are in the wrong order, could it be that you assembled something in the wrong order?

Can you get the gears in the right order if you rotate the cassette joint [or whatever it’s called]?

somafunk

I figure the gears are in the right order as gears 1 through to 5 work as they should using the shifter, i’m thinking perhaps something knackered up in the hub causing the original problem with the stuck cassette joint………i’m perplexed but i’ll strip it back down to check

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘no 6th/7th gear on nexus hub?’ is closed to new replies.