Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New North Wales Trail
  • pallyally
    Free Member

Don’t know if this has been announced before.

Received the notice below this morning. Proposal is to build a trail to connect the 3 North Wales centres.

Conwy County Borough Council in partnership with Denbighshire County Council has been successful in securing funding from Visit Wales under the Environment for Growth European Conversion Programme with the vision of: ‘Creating an area acknowledged nationally as an outstanding all year round destination for road and off-road cycling for all in outstanding and contrasting scenery’. The project consists of 7 elements for both Counties, however this Tender is to:

Develop an iconic three to four day natural trail ride linking together the 3 centres and access networks and to establish businesses to promote and service the route. The route will run from Llandegla to Clocaenog, Brenig to Clwydian Range, Clwydian Range to Llandegla, Clocaenog to Penmachno, and Betws y Coed to Brenig.

Conwy County Borough Council would like to appoint a Consultant/s to create and oversee a scheme of works for the two cycle route options for the Rural Cycling Centre of Excellence Project; secure the necessary permissions and consents and produce a timetable for providing advice to Conwy’s Project Team in implementing the creating of the two routes and linking the routes to the Denbighshire network.

Tenderers MUST have previous proven experience in delivering this kind of project, and be able to provide references.

Kevevs
    Free Member

ardderchog!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Right on my doorstep, brilliant if it comes to fruition.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Sounds ace for an extended away trip whilst also taking in some fun trail centres.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Wow…. that would be very cool. Hopefully it’ll get done before I’m too old to enjoy it 😉

ART

Brilliant – part of the massive funding package announced last year IIRC.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m all for it … But what’s to stop anyone getting a map out and linking them together now?

loddrik
    Free Member

Boomshanka!!!

Russell96

Be brilliant if it all comes together, I’d be up for a multi day loop of it all.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My mates working on the new downhill in Blaenau Ffestiniog also a family route planned, going to be a world class downhill by all accounts, seeing him on Monday so will get a progress report.

rOcKeTdOg

build it quick before they sell all the trees!

loddrik
    Free Member

Build it quick before cameron and osborne decide to sell Wales..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New North Wales Trail’ is closed to new replies.