Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New bike's just arrived!
  • Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Not a new bike for me unfortunately but one for my oldest boy who is 4 in a weeks time. The lucky wee fella is getting one of these…..

What a quality little bike. Nice and light with proper v brakes. Can’t wait to see his face.
    Just thought I’d share.
    Keith

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

and singlespeed 🙂

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Of course.

Marty kindly sorted me out with a Telly Savalas Players Club and a SSWC07 sticker for it as my son wanted a sticker on it just like daddy's bike.

Cheers again Marty.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Yes.. my son wanted stickers, he is 4 almost 5, I put 38 on and now he is happy 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

Singlespeed Hero and Tokyo Fixed Gear are the kids bike stickers of choice in my house. My kids are so niche.

….if I've said it a hundred times, Isla are great, good choice….

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Planning on getting one of these for my little 'un from Santa – glad to hear positive remarks from other people that have bought them.

heihei

Word of warning – whilst these bikes are awesome, the tyres are not very good on loose surfaces. Am in the process of changing mine to something more knobbly.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I thought they might not be that great for once he gets some proper speed up and we head out to Mabie.

So what choices are there for 16" wheels.

Davros23
    Free Member

My eldest has a CNOC14. Great bike. Any other adults been tempted to try one of them themselves? They look so much fun! I did try the Rothan he had before and that was silly fun for a 6ft 12 stone male 😀

MikeT-23
    Free Member

What size is that one Sqwubbsy? And, what is your expected life-cycle of usage for your lad before he moves up to a bigger frame?

I ask only because ma wee girl will be five this month, and has pretty much outgrown her Early Rider. Her mate Louis got the very same one as in your picture, and it IS a quality bike.

Therefore, I was thinking of her b/day or *mas present as one of these, but would like to get a sense of predicted usage.

Sure, it depends on height and growth spurts and so on, but what might the makers say? I'll plump for eight.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I think I read somwhere that islabike do a 'buy back' scheme for when your kids grow out of their current bike – not too sure about the small print, etc.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

MikeT-23 I'm hoping to get a few years from kid #1 then passed onto #2. My eldest is bang on the minimum measurements for the Cnoc16 that I bought but Islabikes said he'd be ok if he was fairly confident on a bike.

Islabike Size Chart

I saw a Cnoc14 on ebay a few months back that was about 18 months old and went for around £15 less than the brand new price so if we look after it we should get a good return on the initial outlay.

andrewy33
    Free Member

The wee man will love getting out on that, pity you didnt keep the old DH bike, He would soon grow into it!! 😉

Drac

Sweet!

Just had my eldest out on her Specialized and she can now officially ride a bike, had her out a few times last year and was just no quite ready. Had her out a couple of times earlier this year and was close. Today we went out within minutes it all clicked together, the confidence, balance, technique so much so she started singing when riding.

A great day.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

cheeky youngster. very cheeky. I'm not that short.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

My eldest has a CNOC14. Great bike. Any other adults been tempted to try one of them themselves? They look so much fun! I did try the Rothan he had before and that was silly fun for a 6ft 12 stone male

That would just be silly! 😉

My lad had a Rothan from the age of two and then we got him a Cnoc 14 for christmas. It was only when he turned 4 in May that he started really riding it.

Then the tricks started pretty much straight after that:

Great bikes, but I do agree about the tyres and any recommendations for better choices would be appreciated.

samuri
    Free Member

Tongue out, poor grip, looking in the wrong direction and don't get me started on the feet position.

Tssk! Kids today!

dc2.0

You can buy continental explorers for 16" and 20" islabikes but unfortunately not for 14". However, a quick google finds these: http://www.petracycles.co.uk/product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=13222

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New bike's just arrived!’ is closed to new replies.