Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Need a challenge for next year… suggestions?
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Trans Pyrenees / North Sea Randonnee (7000km!)—seriously though like you I`ve ridden C2C and LEJOG and my next step was indeed trans Pyrenees, a really graet experince and if you can manage LEJOG will be within your abilities, allow 6-7 days

aviemoron
    Free Member

3 Peaks!

BigTed
    Free Member

Paris-Roubaix is great, suggest the ‘Essential’ which is over 100 miles and includes the cobbles, the full route is just a 50 odd mile warm up on flattish roads in northern France and you have to start very early. However it’s only every two years so next in 2012.

The Tour of Flanders also sounds very good but what about one of the other sportive ‘Monuments’?

Fred Whitton?

As above, 3 Peaks?

Trans Cambrian in 2 days?

Doing l’eroica on Sunday so will report back on that one.

BearBack
    Free Member

BC Bike race.. not endless miles on the bike, but 7 super fun days of technically challenging riding!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve even thought of one by myself – RAAM!

Don’t do RAAM – it’s the ultimate slog, and you need a team of support and it’s done by pros and insane amateurs.

The Tour Divide is much better because a) it’s off-road, b) it’s self supported, c) it’s very amateur based and hence has a proper friendly atmos and d) there are no boring crap bits to hack through.

epicyclo

Around Oz

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Need a challenge for next year… suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.