Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • National Enduro series
  • Parr
    Free Member

How many of you would be interested in a National Avalanche Enduro type series?

1st round Start May
    2nd round Mid June
    3rd round July
    4th round August
    5th round Start Sept

Venues TBC but have got possible 4 out of 5 already in the pipline.
    Any ideas you think would work please feel free to type away
    Cheers
    Parr

Parr
    Free Member

This series is looking like it's gonna be a goer in 2011
    Here is a link to the facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=110825505624163

ash

sounds great – about time that the UK got some enduro events

Simon

Sounds interesting.
    Can you tell us the venues yet?

singlespeedstu

about time that the UK got some enduro events

It's already got some

😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

i love the format, a series would make it even better.

you could encourage people to volunteer as marshalls by rewarding them with 2 free entries, or something.

i would suggest that it's important to keep costs down, the avalanche enduro at Ae is £50, which is a lot of money to pay to ride around trails which are 'free' any other weekend…

but, yes, awesome!

xc-steve
    Free Member

That sounds amazing, with an overall points? How about best 4 results count? Or quickest overall time rather than points?

edit just realised you ment Enduro not marathon… ok walk along now!

ash

Any ideas you think would work please feel free to type away

See my comments on the FB group… also: try to have at least a couple of the events away from trail centres if you can. I reckon you want a couple of really tech courses if at all possible.

juan
    Free Member

What ash says.
    If you want more info I have help in designing one and rode 2 with a friend. So I know what would work and what won't.
    Make sure it's not DH. If you have too nice techy DH bit linked by half a mile a mile of cheeky uphill just make it part of the same stage.
    Oh and last point, keep the location of the trail very secret 😀

leebaxter
    Free Member

Im doin the ae enduro, so will try and put some input in after that.. The principle of a series sounds great though, and i will def attend a few if not all events next year.

Parr
    Free Member

I will be at the Avalanche event in May, so come over for a chat, we will listen to all ideas.
    Ash – 1 of the venues, round 4, in Shropshire is quite tech in places, steep loose and rooty, so there is going to be quite a good mix of trail.
    My background is running DH events, this is a new venture, any help greatly appreciated, this is why where taking a year to plan it.
    The 2 other Guy's involved are trail builders from Scotland, so its a good team behind the series
    It should be 4 out of 5 to count towards the title and we are wroking on cash/vouchers for prizes in all cats + cat sponsors

RHSno2
    Free Member

Fantastic!

The courses just need to be mountain bike terrain. Semi tech Singletrack. The application of technique and physical conditioning.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘National Enduro series’ is closed to new replies.