Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Nappy Sack 0 – Dog Poo 1
  • iDave
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a brand of finger bleach? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Just cut them off.

Onzadog
    Free Member

unlucky iDave. Been picking up dog poo for about fifteen years and never ripped a nappy sack. Did one have the bottom of a dog poo bag split though. I found out because I happened to be swinging the bag around at the time!!!!

What technique do you use?
    I turn the bag inside out over my hand (so I would see any obvious bag fails) then lift by hand and turn the bag back over the poo. I found poop scoops tended to rip the bag so stopped using them very quickly.

teagirl
    Free Member

Get the real deal dog poo bag from your council, 1p each where we are, no rips, built for the horrid jobbie.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I find the whole concept of wrapping up a biodegradable material in something that isn’t biodegradable quite preposterous, really. Why don’t people just train their dogs to poo in some undergrowth, or off the path? Or take a little shovel thing so’s you can scoop it into the bushes or whatever?

Or use dog nappies?

iDave
    Free Member

was using the normally rock solid inside out bag method and just misjudged edge of bag lifting a combo-poo

no finger food for me this week

iDave
    Free Member

elf, 99% of my pooches poos are off-piste

about once a week he gets it wrong…

Jamie
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just have a flicking stick handy then. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

My nappy sacks are biodegradable.

Jamie
    Free Member

My nappy sacks are biodegradable.

As is Elfinsafety’s argument, as it will disintegrate shortly 😉

iDave
    Free Member

decent flicking sticks are hard to come by… they don’t grow on trees you know

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but how many people use nappy sacks? Most folk I see just use regular carrier baygs. I seen a woman earlier using a Waitrose bayg.

Ha! So there! How about that one? You weren’t expecting that one were you??

RoutineDean
    Free Member

Just leave it, it’s the latest craze isn’t it? 🙄

M6TTF
    Free Member

Top marks for picking it up, I detest dog owners who let their mutt foul and not pick it up, especially in the park where it’s full of kids

porter_jamie

Elfinsafety – Member

Yeah, but how many people use nappy sacks? Most folk I see just use regular carrier baygs. I seen a woman earlier using a Waitrose bayg.

Ha! So there! How about that one? You weren’t expecting that one were you??
    i use waitrose nappy sacks. edit add and they are bio degradable

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😐

luked2
    Free Member

I mostly succeed in not thinking about what we as a society are putting into landfill – thanks ever so much for breaking the illusion.

Our great-grandchildren will be clearing up that particular mess, and wondering what on earth we thought we were doing.

EDIT: STW seems much faster now.

iain1775
    Free Member

nevr had a (Tesco Value)nappy bag split using one of these scoops – http://www.petsathome.com/shop/pedigree-easi-scoop-poop-scoop-26260?cm_mmc=Google%20Base-_-%20Products-_-%20Products%20-_-Products

and even if it did, wash the scoop as your fingers wouldnt be in contact anyway

donsimon
    Free Member

I detest dog owners who let their mutt foul and not pick it up, especially in the park where it’s full of kids

Is it ok to leave it on a mountain side that is otherwise occupied by cows?

iDave, the hard lessons are the ones that you’ll remember. 😉

luked2
    Free Member

Is it ok to leave it on a mountain side that is otherwise occupied by cows?

No. You’re altering the balance of the environment.

redthunder
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

😥

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No. You’re altering the balance of the environment.

Do what? 😕

I don’t get that at all.

I am a bit fick dow.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think he means my dog is so AWESOME that one little poo can alter the balance of the whole environment. 💡

trout
    Free Member

I fail to see why dog poo is any worse than

fox poo
    cat poo
    cow poo
    sheep poo
    horse poo
    man/woman poo
    when deposited out in the countryside off piste .

I would rather see poo in the sticks than the Mac D`s wrappers all over

luked2
    Free Member

If one dog leaves one dog poo then no-one will ever notice.

But if you have an area like Snowdonia, which is visited by several million people each year, then it’s a different story.

It’s a fragile upland environment, with rare plants, animals, and even fungae and bacteria. Upset that balance with a few million doggie dooes each year and now you’re looking at significant damage to the biodiversity that everyone goes to visit in the first place.

Same is also true of human faeces.

And that’s before you start worrying about what happens when it gets washed into streams that people and animals further down the mountainside might be drinking from.

donsimon
    Free Member

And that’s before you start worrying about what happens when it gets washed into streams that people and animals further down the mountainside might be drinking from.

That’s very true, on a school trip we were doing The Pennine Way. We were told of this very danger that drinking from streams could be dangerous as we didn’t know what was further upstream. Some folks did drink from a stream and further up we saw a dead sheep in the stream. 😯
    No one died or even got ill.

woffle
    Free Member

Was walking our young pup over the nearby Ashdown forest – he’s still learning so had done his business on th bridleway, was just bagging it up when a lady walking three dogs passed and asked why I was bothering. She didn’t.

She’s one of the reasons we can’t take our two girls fo walks up there without them treading repeatedly in doggie eggs that owners can’t be bothered to clear up. Fair boils my piddle.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But if you have an area like Snowdonia, which is visited by several million people each year, then it’s a different story.

It’s a fragile upland environment, with rare plants, animals, and even fungae and bacteria. Upset that balance with a few million doggie dooes each year and now you’re looking at significant damage to the biodiversity that everyone goes to visit in the first place.

So, all those walking boots don’t cause any erosion then? And I spose the pollution from all those millions of cars that go there every year doesn’t cause any damage at all? Right, ok…

Pfft. People happily live lives which ultimately cause untold destruction to the planet, yet get worried about a bit of poo? Dear oh dear oh dear… 🙄

woffle
    Free Member

Well, if you’re ok with it you’re welcome to come round and wipe down a toddler covered with fidos finest next time we go for a walk over the forest. Different if they’re doing it metres from the bridleway but just leaving it elsewhere is just lazy (and dangerous t little ones)

M6TTF
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – maybe when you kids to worry about you’ll have more concern. A lad at our school lost his sight in one eye through dog muck contact as a toddler

M6TTF
    Free Member

The other thing I don’t get is when people go to the trouble of picking up after their dog and then leave the deposit hanging from a tree branch or fencepost. What’s that about?

anokdale
    Free Member

M6TTF + 1 A kid had the same thing happen at my High School, face plant on the Rugby field into the stuff, not very nice as he was really sick for ages before they took the eye out and i always remembered that with my kids, applaud folk who clear the stuff up, very responsible, in France they dont seem to bother we are allways sidestepping the stuff, gopping on the streets and not acceptable.

People such as woffle describe are not very pleasant, how would they like if they stood in my Richard the Thirds while out walking.

Frankers
    Free Member

Why not just train your dog to eat it straight afterwards, most labradors do.

They are very Eco friendly creatures.

pault41
    Free Member

YES BAG, IT TAKE AWAY.

Had a local walk totally marred other day as really obvious that locals just let the dog rip beyond stile as most of poo’s within first 50 100 yrds worse to as narrow path ,and to add to it sign at either end of path stateing no dog fowling .

I’m a dog owner too and mine do all there giants[bernese mtn dogs so big doos]at home and will hold em till their home , but also carry bags incase of acccidents.

I work with a client whose mother was unfortunate with dog doo,s and believe me you don’t want to mess with them.!!!!!

Cleanup guys.

Admiralable
    Free Member

After the snow round here had melted it wasn’t nice. Loads of people had obviously left the poo because the snow hid it. So when it all melted there was shiv all over the place. Making the walk to the station rather trecherous! I must have trodden in at least 3 dog eggs due to the combination of the amount and low street lighting early in the mornings 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

I must have trodden in at least 3 dog eggs due to the combination of the amount and low street lighting early in the mornings

Have you ever considered looking where you’re going? I can’t remember when I last had a shoe, turd interface! 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

has anyone successfully bred a cyclical canine centipede yet? I see a gap in the market here!

soobalias
    Free Member

so people bag it and take it home, then what?
    and the people who just let their dogs go at home, how do they deal with that, do they just have gardens piling up with shit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Nappy Sack 0 – Dog Poo 1’ is closed to new replies.