Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • My new Ibis Mojo
  • z1ppy

Toasty, didn't necessarily 'believe' the post, just thought itinteresting, yours though is very interesting too.. but would you have posted it without the negative post though?

twohats
    Free Member

markd – Member

Plastic over priced tat

cheaper than a 5 spot… *coughs*

I'd go for a different bike. £4 grand ish for a piece of plastic that offers no discernable benefit over a "real bike".
    And a few that I've seen thru my workshop with "worn shock bushings" that were actually "delaminated linkage mounts" beggar belief.
    Nuff said

real bike eh? yawn.
    it's not plastic.
    'a few' through your workshop. Exactly how many and when was this?

Its hardly a secret that there has been a lot of warranty issues with Ibis bikes. Though, you being an Ibis dealer and having connections to the importer, you're bound to get on the defensive and play it down…

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Hey, schwwweeett bike.

Just one Q: Did the RF bash gaurd go on without any filling / dremmeling ?

Nath

Damon
    Free Member

Yes the bash guard went straight on.

I will weigh the bike again when I have chance. We didn't get chance when the build finished as it was late in the day and the shop was already shut so a rush to get home and prepare for the race the next day.

I don't think the Mojo is the lightest carbon frame available anyway. Being a XL type chap its not too much of priority for me as I need the components to be reliable under my own frame 🙂

Toasty

Toasty, didn't necessarily 'believe' the post, just thought itinteresting, yours though is very interesting too.. but would you have posted it without the negative post though?

Definitely, I only spoke to Hans yesterday, I'm absolutely over the moon with their support right now 🙂 Well timed thread.

I was completely ready to jack it in and find a new frame. It's been ridden for over 3 years anyway, he was well within his rights to tell me the problem was caused by me, instead I get a sparkley new 2010 front triangle, and ensured the problem which I had was very specific to 2007 XL frames and has been fixed in 99% of cases now.

I just found the negative one interesting, if that really is the case those frames had delaminated round the shock mount all would be replaced anyway. Although the design stays the same, they're still focusing on fixing any areas which have issues, like that. Absolutely no sign of issue in that area on this frame.

I don't think the Mojo is the lightest carbon frame available anyway. Being a XL type chap its not too much of priority for me as I need the components to be reliable under my own frame

Oh and mine weighed in at 26.9lbs with hefty 520 pedals and a sensible build 🙂 Light enough to easily heft about with 1 hand over fences and things. The frame was 6.28lbs with seatpost clamp, Float R shock and Lopes Link when I got it, can't really argue for an XL frame.

_tom_
    Free Member

I still can't decide whether I love or hate the look of Ibis! I must say this is one of the nicer ones I've seen.

Algore
    Free Member

Loving mine. Done XC (Trans Wales), Trail Centres and downhill on it. Always my favorite bike to ride when it's a 'special' ride day.
    I use Easton Low Rise carbon bars. No headset spacers and prefer it with a 70mm Thomson stem.
    Only fault I have had is pinging off the metal chainsuck protector plate. But at least it protected the frame!
    Would have gone none QR on the front wheel, stiffer front end is nicer. Got 2010 Revs XXs on mine.

Great bikes and much prefer it to Yeti's and Turner 5 Spots.

No issues with mine other than the pivot bearings seized. Replaced with Enduro ceramics – fine so far.

Just watch that cable rub though ….

discapade
    Free Member

Hey Damon we share the same name ( and maybe soon the same bike) I have a q- did you look at the zesty 714?

takisawa2

Very nice.
    Saw a green one at an open day at Cannock a while back.
    Told myself, if I wasnt such a lard-ass I'd get one of them.
    When the bulk shifts I reckon I'll be swapping the ElCiclon.

Damon
    Free Member

Hi Damon 😉

No I didn't try a Zesty 714 as after riding One Planet Adventure's demo Ibis I was sure it was the bike for me.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Nice bike ,it'd be a bit sad if we all builtour bikes the same. Enjoy!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My new Ibis Mojo’ is closed to new replies.