Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My first build – Pink 456 content
  • GaryBanham
    Free Member

Well the GF wanted a bike and I wanted a hard tail so I built a pink 456 so she thinks it’s for her and I get what I want, win win!

First time I have built a bike and I’m happy so wanted to post a few pic’s.

🙂

SAM_1014 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

Wheels 034 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1018 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1020 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1021 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1024 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1028 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1027 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

SAM_1022 by Gary Banham, on Flickr

yesiamtom
    Free Member

nice bike, pity about the awful tyre choice and more so the awful tyre colour choice. shame on you. 😆

GaryBanham
    Free Member

ha ha tyres, brakes, chain set and bars were the only bits I used from my old bike, pay day next week do not worry 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The panaracers don’t go. Otherwise good.

BoardinBob

Garage door’s a disgrace

montylikesbeer

that down pipe is not secured either, bike nice though

ken_shields
    Free Member

Nice bike although I’d swap the red bits for blue but that’s probably because I have no taste 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks great apart from the red walls 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

your chain’s too long
    other than that, it’s disgusting, good job you’ll be sat on it rather than looking at it

steve_b77
    Free Member

Red & pink on the same bike! Grey grips & black saddle! Good god man, I know it’s for yer missus but come on!

seanodav
    Free Member

^^^ He’s right you know 😆

Woody
    Free Member

I would really like that if I had a monochrome screen.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

Well everyone is right the tyres are shocking but I may as well kill them before I replace them, I only started out needing a frame and was going to swop bits over from an old Scott I had but got carried away and now I have no £……oops!

Regarding chain length I wasn’t sure at all, is there a science or at least better way to guage what length it should be – I’m clueless to say the least.

As for the colour I would like to say it looks better in the flesh but no, it is what it is and she likes it and to be honest I do, this could be to do with the red bits swopping over to my other bike well should I “need to” 🙂

seanodav
    Free Member

I like the pink, did the same for my wife and the pinks pretty good, just think the red clashes

_tom_
    Free Member

For the chain length, put it around the largest rear cassette sprocket and front chainring, without going through the rear mech. Pull it tight then add 2 links and that’s the ideal length, according to park tool! Hope that sort of makes sense.

tthew

Yeah, but as it’s got only one ring at the front, I’d add 4 links meself so the rear mech spring doesn’t get overly stretched when in 1st.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My first build – Pink 456 content’ is closed to new replies.