• This topic has 43 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • MTB retreating into the closet…?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

My non cycling chums think its a bit nerdy, especially after picking up my copy of singletrack magazine and laughing at the articles and the tone of it . Sod em I dont care!

Invite them to spend an hour trawling this forum 😉

crankboy
    Free Member

I’v just got back from Crown Court. I did my little application went to the Robing room had three conversations. one about my son the others were a lengthy one with someone supposed to be preparing a trial, about a skills course at grizedale he’d just been on, the other was to interrupt a mate and discuss “playing out on our bikes ” over xmas. All participants were over 40 talking in public and not in the slightest bit embarrassed.

All enthusiasms are nerdy to non participants and to be frank talking about your latest upgrade as opposed to where you have been what you have done and where you plan to go is a tad nerdy even to many mountain bikers.

GrahamS

No, I can’t fix your PC. But I can design your space mission.

It’s not rocket science.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nonk
    Free Member

i was out on the bike with a mate who is about 53 he looks about 40 i consider myself to be fitter than most of the folks my age. i noticed a couple of blokes in a van having a right good laugh at us as we rode by lycra+baggies+lid+other cycling related stuff makes for much hilarity, however i would rather look a cock than look as bad as they did for their age.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘MTB retreating into the closet…?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts