Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Moving to the Cotswolds…….
  • monkeyboyjc

I’m lucky enough to be moving to the Cotswolds next month, just north of Stroud.
    Does any one on here have any good routes around the Stroud Area? or know any good resources for routes?

I’m not looking for trail centres, FOD etc.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have a look at an os map around Cranham, Sheepscome, Camp, Bisley, Sapperton. That will keep you occupied for a while.

monkeyboyjc

yep – bought the OS, just waiting for it to arrive in the post…..
    just getting a bit twitchy and want to get out there and ride (i’ll be living just around the corner from Bisley)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cranham woods/Lecky Hill above Cheltenham.Painswick Beacon.To be honest the FOD has loads of trails in it nothing to do with the man made stuff been there for years.

neilm
    Free Member

There is also a trail centre at Cannop in the FoD.

Do a search for peddleabikeaway and you’ll find it.

I was there today, on a 15 year old Raleigh Ogre Max…. but that’s another story.

qwerty
    Free Member

Bigfoot mtb club ride all around the area and could give you a good intro, Stroud Off Road Squad can be found on facebook, the guy in CyTec Cycles in Ebley can point you in the right direction. Nothings flat round Stroud!!!

5thElefant
    Free Member

There’s an old railway / cycle route from Stroud to Nailsworth. Then you have a load more round there too. And… mountain mayhem…

wallop

While you wait for your map….

http://www.maptasm.com

monkeyboyjc

Thanks qwerty- Just joined Stroud Off Road Squad and favourite’d the BMC web site….

thanks wallop – very useful

tang
    Free Member

You are in a good area, plenty to ride. Best riding near you is as dobiejess post. I grew up in cranham and later moved back to Painswick, never a dull ride. Now live in Nailsworth, which isn’t bad but better your way!

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Do drop us a line and say ‘Hi’, you’re always welcome to try us out on a ride before you join…
    http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk

monkeyboyjc

Will do pushbikerider…..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Footers are good they no there way around,first ever night riders i think back in the day before mega lights.Seems to be less on a ride than years back!!.Things change.Saw 4 of you bank holiday sunday by wall run, great in there then best i have seen for years.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Some mini DH fun at North Nibley, nice singletrack south of Dursley in the woods, Uley has some good trails around the plateau. There’s a Vertebrae Publishing guidebook which is mainly pretty good.

CheesybeanZ

[quoteI’m not looking for trail centres, FOD etc.[/quote]

There’s a lot more to the FoD than the verders ….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Moving to the Cotswolds…….’ is closed to new replies.