Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mountain of Hell – anyone here done it?
  • fbk
    Free Member

A group of us are thinking of going out to do the Mountain of Hell in Les Deux Alpes this year – I was wondering if anyone had ridden it on here and, if so, how it compares to other events in the area. We’ve done the Mega but can’t make that weekend this year so this seemed the logical next choice.

DH or AM bike – how much climbing is involved? Is it the same sort of vibe as the Mega or more serious? I’ve heard good things about the pub stop half way down 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

No one? Really?

ianv
    Free Member

Haven’t done it but at a guess I would say: Flat or downhill to the bottom of the truit lift, big fire road climb up to the top of the diable lift 300m possibly?, pretty much all down to Deux alp, flat to start of the Venosc trail then down. Look at the vids on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCDBRy02ss&feature=related there are 4 sections

Cant imagine its any harder than the mega, there will be way less brits but french bikers are pretty cool so there should be a good vibe. Its during the mondial de vtt week so there will be loads of people and loads to do and see (ie. crankworx europe apparently)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mountain of Hell – anyone here done it?’ is closed to new replies.