Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem course – How did you like it?
  • scotster
    Free Member

What a nightmare…. it was ace for the best part of Saturday. Some nice sketchy bits (just enough to upset the mountain bikers who don't like the 'mountain' in mountain bike) and the bomb hole was actually faster than the chicken run for a change. I even enjoyed the straight up evil lung buster Kenda climb that seemed harder than ever this year.. or am I getting older.. But then where did that rain storm come from at 2AM on Sunday morning?!! The off camber section through the trees became unridable again, as it does every year…why don't they just take it out of the course.. and they had to close the section down to the pond again when it beame a bit too risky… although I like clenching my buttocks on that bit!
    ———-
    Please copy/paste posts from last years threads to see if we can get this years MM course discussion over and done with in advance. 🙂

Rdgs, Scotster.
    Team Banana Racing Racing.
    11 year Vets.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

I liked it the way it is in my head at the moment – from what I recall from two years ago, it was mostly downhill all of the way, it was bone dry, infact I coasted most of the way around – then I woke up!

Dougal
    Free Member

the bomb hole was actually faster than the chicken run for a change

Bollocks. The chicken-run option was around 20seconds faster. Our team did the bomb hole for the first couple of laps, and all noticed that mincers we had past previously were in front of us where the options merged. We soon switched to using the chicken run.

Really enjoyed the course last year, passing on it this year though.

rOcKeTdOg

it's been raining all afternoon in my part of Worcestershire, about 45 mins away fro Eastnor, hope it's not raining there or else it'll be grim putting up tents etc tonight

grahamh
    Free Member

Its greasy out there. 😕

grtdkad

Yup. Liked the course generally tho' I was a tad optimistic with my tyre choice (fastfrreds!), kept spinning out on the muddy climbs (obviously)…my nobby nics will be going back on in the morning.

bigsi
    Free Member

Ah yes Team Banana Racing were the bunch of **** we were camped next to in the quiet area last year and your lot proceded to keep everyone up most of Friday night with your flat screen TV being run form a generator, music and general pissed noise.

Hope you lot are a bit more considerate to those around you this year.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

rocketdog it was raining at Mayhem too, dry tomorrow apparently. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Dry but breezy so far today

Teetosugars
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Dry but breezy so far today

Excellent 😀 . Please let there be lots of tiny stuff in the dirt demo this year – there was burger all to throw a leg over last year 🙁

Best of luck to all the racers! I'm only going for the shopping 😛

rOcKeTdOg

Might see you there this afternoon mama

mamadirt
    Free Member

I'll be on the lil red 'bred RD.

scaredypants

Some nice sketchy bits (just enough to upset the mountain bikers who don't like the 'mountain' in mountain bike) … The off camber section through the trees became unridable again, as it does every year…why don't they just take it out of the course..

😯 😉

Drac

Blah blah blah generators blah blah blah megaphone blah blah blah some of us were trying to sleep blah blah blah I could have finished 342nd if it wasn't for the noise. Blah blah it's the last one I'll do blah blah blah caterers.

Alex

I live about 7 miles from Eastnor. Stopped raining about 8pm last night. Dry since. Generally very dry in the Malverns and local woods so I think once a few thousand tyres have been through it, course should be fast.

Shall wander up later to see the start. Bunch of nutters the lot of you 😉

peteimpreza

Anyone know what brands of bikes will be available for demo?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem course – How did you like it?’ is closed to new replies.