Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Morzine Summer Lift Map
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

Heading over to Morzine/Les Gets next week for some riding. Does anyone know/how:

1. Link to a summer map for the area, with all the lifts that are running this year?
    2. Directions to the World Cup DH course in Champery from Morzine?

sheldona
    Free Member

You can pick up a map at most lift stations that will show all the lifts and a lot of the runs!

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Was hoping there was an online PDF version to plan ahead

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As above, just pick up a map when you buy your passes.

To get to the Champery WC track, go up Super Morzine, up the Zore lift to the top, ride along the ridge to Avoriaz, down into Linderettes and rather than dropping down into the bottom section of the French National, keep in the path down to the Mossettes lift. All the way to the top. Down the Swiss National, up the new Crossets lift on the other side.

As you get off the lift in front of you above you will see the lift station for the Planachaux lift out of the Champery valley. Ride towards that, and you should spot some black signs that say coupe de monde. That's the DH track. if you miss the signs keep an eye out for the chair lift down to the right. It won't be running, but the mid station is basically the start of the track.

If you go, make sure you go early, the big lift out of Champery can be a bit of a wait, and the lift back out of Crossets back up to Mossettes shuts at 4.30 I seem to recall.

toons
    Free Member

This was a cracking day out, stopped in Chatel for Lunch.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/42416056

Here's a few routes we did over a couple of days
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/42055419

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Cheers guys – Just what i was after 🙂

oink
    Free Member
    5lab

yeah it's a bit of a mish to get to champery and back. Also, unless you're very good at steep stuff, I'd allow about 30 mins to do the course, if its anything like as tricky as it used to be. On the flip side, it is quite straightforwards to get there and back.

jhw
    Free Member

Thanks for those GPS routes Toons. In your opinion, which was the best bit? I'm only there for 3 days, and only 2 of those have full lift operation (the last day is Pleney and Les Gets only so I'm planning to descend from Pleney to Samoens and then back traversing the Point du Nyon)

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Steep is what i am good at and like, i just hope its as tech as it looked this year for the WC 🙂

Between the directions from Hob Nob (cheers, very clear), Winter lift map and Google Earth i got a mental map now. I'm seeing that from the bottom of the DH to the Cable back up is all downhill on the road?

toons
    Free Member

JHW, so one day Les Get & Pleney.

For the other day, Get the Super Morzine lift, opens at 09:30; get there about 9:10-9:15.

Head up to Avoriaz and then down to Les Lindarets and over to Pres-de-la-Joux. Don't go to Chatel or Super Chatel.

There's loads stuff in Pres-de-la-Joux, blacks, blues, Northshore, ramps, drops, river gap jump & road gap jump! Also a cafe for lunch.

For the return: Try the log ride! and then Head back to Les Lindarets (excellent new track down to the bottom), then from Avoriaz head back down that climb and take the Blue back track down to Morzine.

Hope that makes sense!!!

toons
    Free Member

Found a map of the pres de la joux area

High Rez

jhw
    Free Member

Awesome thanks.

I'm going to spend one day doing the Col de Coux ridge descent, and one day descending from Morzine to Samoens and then back on the Nyon Traverse (probably the last day as I think I only need the Pleney lift for that). That's two of the classic descents in the area. I don't know what I'll do with the other day (when all lifts are running). Any ideas? I thought it would have been cool to make it all the way to Flaine and up the Grandes Platieres, but that lift shuts on August 22nd.

footstomper
    Free Member

Came back from Les Gets 2 weeks ago and would highly recommend a full day there. I managed to do all DH routes on les Chavannes & Mont Chery then onto Morzine via the red route, up to Le pleney down the black then back up across the blue and back to catch the chavannes express for a couple of runs down the Red Dh. Dont forget to try the blue & red down to Nauchets express which will take you right to the top of the hill. The hill from the top of Nauchets back to the top of chavannes express is well worth a go nothing technical just super fast 😀

toons
    Free Member
    toons
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Summer Lift Map’ is closed to new replies.