• This topic has 29 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Mornington Cresent advice please
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

'75 rules for North West Division IIIrevB, as it's a Thursday Stovolds ruling isn't in play until 5pm

So I'm at Moorgate with the intention of a MC via Baker Street. Farringdon is closed but Embankment is clear. I don't fancy the long way because of the extra move required.
    Could I go to Euston or would that incur a nibbing?

ourmaninthenorth

You are a day early for MC, and so have found yourself in the sidings.

Another similar violation, and your operator's licence may be suspended pending a stewards enquiry (rule 18(c) of the '75 NW Div Rules).

HTH.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are we stacking the perpendicular?

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry dont play Northwest rules, since the breakaway and subsequent splitting of the controlling bodies I would face extreme sanction if I were to suggest a move.

awh
    Free Member

I think you you would be in nib. I'm only a new player though, only played since 1978, so I could be wrong.

wombat

The OP is correct, going via Euston would put him in Nib.

You could use Turings Variation and try a reverse entry through Blackfriars

Pook

You can't reverse entry through Blackfriars owing to to platform work underway.

I'd stack the perpendicular as neatly suggested by the captain and alight in Pimlico.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Tiz but a hypothetical game to avoid any sidings. I'm not sure about stacking, as I'm only Div3 all I can do is parallel 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pimlico? PIMLICO?

A blue line, on a Thursday? Oh my dear Lord, I am surrounded by amateurs.

Pook

sometimes the simplest moves are the most effective Fauntleroy

andycs

Get a life, go ride your bikes!!!!!!!!!!

thepurist

I think AndyCS has a point – Stannard's option on clause 17b of the '75 rules specifically allows overland velocipede access to Euston without incurring the nib.

ourmaninthenorth

Get a life, go ride your bikes!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not aware of this from the NW Rules. Is this a recent variation and, if so, has it been fully ratified?

If yes – and I know I am risk of my own nibbing if I'm playing an unratified move – it would seem to indicate Dollis Hill.

wombat

thepurist – Member
    I think AndyCS has a point – Stannard's option on clause 17b of the '75 rules specifically allows overland velocipede access to Euston without incurring the nib.

That is correct ONLY if you are playing Brompton's Venturi Variant

therealhoops
    Free Member

how about Fauntleroy then Dollis? is the connecting bus service in operation?

wombat

The connecting bus service only runs on odd numbered days IIRC

grahamt1980

It also results in an enforced diversion via waterloo if used in february

therealhoops
    Free Member

arse, worth a punt though 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

arse, worth a punt though

Hold on, though. There's a chance that Waterloo to Turnpike Lane via Farringdon might just unlock it.

Wouldn't be certain, though.

matthewjb
    Free Member

More info needed really.

Are you using an Oyster card?

ourmaninthenorth

Are you using an Oyster card?

No, cash.

therealhoops
    Free Member

no Oyster card but wait! I think andycs might be onto something. "Get a life" was a mistype for "Get a lift", and "go ride your bikes" is a mistyped instruction to "go right" at Oval (bikes=Oval sowff of da rivva).
    Nice plan Andy to go via Vauxhall but I'd still need to change to the blue line.

vinnyeh

As the first person to spot the op's spelling error in the subject line I will invoke the Livingstone clause and exile him to Croydon to await the opening of the East London line extension before rejoining the rest of the players on the Underground.

Pook

*Fauntleroy being a person, and not a place, I'd suggest that the realhoops is now in nib.

ourmaninthenorth

Fauntleroy being a person, and not a place

No, just a euphemism for South Ken. No nib, carry on OP, you might be able to work out an exit from Croydon.

clubber
    Free Member

Voltz-Hamberinger's conflict anyone? Rather suprised that no-one's mentioned it yet given that most of the suggestions so far violate it. Especially since the De Heveningham ruling in 2007 (which closed out a nasty loophole that had caused a lot of bad feeling…)

wombat

I was under the impression that the De Heveningham ruling in 2007 only applied where Schrodinger's Violtation had been pre-empted..

clubber
    Free Member

True enough but you've missed out the Moorgate 1975 Crash exemption which makes it apply irrespective.

ourmaninthenorth

In which case clubber, and I am no expert at this level of intricacy, then I think the move goes Croydon -> Royal Albert -> Prince regent (for the Prince Albert double points score) -> Aldgate East -> Great Portland Street.

But I could be wrong.

Pook

I still think hoops is in nib. I'm very disappointed with how this game has panned out, De Heveningham or no De Heveningham

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Mornington Cresent advice please’ is closed to new replies.