Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • moral dilema
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m with Southern Yeti on this one! Surely that is the POINT of a deposit! I know decency in this day an age comes into it and would go along with the sell to someone else, once sold send him deposit back minus some of his costs/inconvenience. I think that’s more than decent. Otherwise as already mentioned I’ll as for the deposit back for X or Y then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have a new dilema…. I was trying to stay off the internet for the day. This thread has wasted my hour of stupidness I was allowing myself… do you think it’s okay to have another hour of actual idiocy later?

cinnamon_girl

TSY – what does your conscience tell you? 😉

hora
    Free Member

What was the item?

If it was a car I’d take two weeks worth of Autotrader readvertising (40quid?) and readvertise.

I’d write him an email saying as such and why. Pointing out that you could have sold the car and moved on.

I its a bike. Give him his money back and chalk it upto experience.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G – I have a weak mind. It tells me to [refresh]… [refresh]… [refresh]… STW is more addictive than nicotine. Anyway I absolved all responsibility for myself on here by appointing your my mentor.

I’ve jsut refunded someone a deposit they didn’t actually pay me 🙂

cinnamon_girl

TSY – as I said to you on Sunday, you are doing brilliantly! We all have our vices but do wish that STW was my only one. 🙄

Drat! You just edited!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

haha, thanks Auntie, was good to finally meet you on Sunday.

Have to say though that Yeti’s aren’t used to riding in such large groups! Damn I’ve gone over my hour.

philconsequence
    Free Member

maybe offer the half the deposit back in exchange for a night with his wife?

HermanShake
    Free Member

Charge him another £100, that’ll learn im. Then sleep with his wife.

That’s not really a moral dilemma but more a contractual discrepancy. How have you earned this £100? Is it not just a dibs fund?

You know you should give it back, you just want your ego opinion aired so strangers can call this chap a muppet.

Here you go: “he’s a muppet”

If you have spent any money base on the assumption of sale (courier arrangement to him, specially requested parts etc) then ask for that back, but I can’t see the justification in pinching his money (or wife).

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘moral dilema’ is closed to new replies.