Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Money no object cycling jersey?
  • thered

Recommend me something please?
    I like Swobo but it's a pain to get, Rapha seems OK but I can't bring myself to buy it and Howies don't seem to do anything bike specific, just tee's.
    I'm not after a race jersey, a bit more casual than that.
    Cheers

postierich
    Free Member
    Ringo
    Free Member

I bought a solo one I really can't fault it and it seems to be standing up to a bit of abuse

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I bought a couple of Rapha jerseys (sale rack only!) and despite making me feel dirty not to mention a smug poser they really are bl00dy lovely

singlespeedstu

Rapha seems OK but I can't bring myself to buy it

Why?

I got one of these as a present and it's my favourite jersey. Much nicer than any of my other stuff from the usual manufacturers.

MisterT

I'd second the classic Rapha jerseys… yes they are a bit of a smug statement… although not as ugly smug as driving an X5…

but I wouldn't wear it off road in the wet'n dirty conditions of last weekends 10 at Kirroughtree

defo a road or dry weather jersey imo.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Another vote for Rapha – I have 1 which I use on my road bike. I find it significantly more comfortable than any other jumper that I've owned: very soft, very dense weave that feels softer but more robust than the Howies top I have

singlespeedstu

but I wouldn't wear it off road in the wet'n dirty conditions

I do and it washes easily.

tonyg2003

Rock Racing! Around £300 for the standard Jersey if I remember correctly. Recently I did see a guy riding locally in the full kit. A fool and their money……

thered

It just makes me shudder to think about buying it. My favourite top ever is my Swobo sleveless merino jersey with the Beer on the left breast but it keeps shrinking so I want to replace it but can't find something that floats my boat.

singlespeedstu

I also have Swobo jerseys and quality wise they're no where near as good as Rapha jerseys.

vinnyeh

+1 Rapha Classic. Lovely to wear in the summer and winter, doesn't seem to have suffered with the rigours of off road use, cleans up fine as long as you didn't use the (white) armwarmers.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Earth Wind Rider

thered

lazlo53 I think I might love you

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Rapha classic jersey! – the lightweight jersey is a real winner too – I use this as a baselayer with the classic in winter/autumn/spring. Combined with the bibshorts = total comfort 🙂

ctznsmith
    Free Member
    woffle
    Free Member

+1 for Rapha.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Definately recommend raphs, great kit, but if you can't bring your self to but on, which is very odd, then you could either get over yourself or look at shutt vr or milltag

Drac

Has to ne more exclusive I'm afraid.

pegasus
    Free Member

rapha

Philby

Shutt look great – get very good customer service feedback over on Bike Radar.

daveells
    Free Member

Swobo stuff is half price at Stif.
    But Rapha is so epic. 🙄

apidya
    Free Member

second Rock Racing if you're truly wanting 'money no object'.

…though their website says jerseys are 'only' £150 (~£100) at the moment. Not sure about shipping to the UK though.

If you're looking for something a little more worthwhile though, then my Assos jersey (equipe variant) is still brilliant after 4-5 years.

grahamb
    Free Member

Anyone got one of the iRule jerseys (apart from NZCol obviously 😉 ?. I like the look of the Primo.

kilo

Bought the wife some Ground Effect tops, she rates them , delivery was quick as well.

NZCol

Ha you know I don't have a primo (other than a sample) but it's a truly lovely fabric and the coconut based back panel us nice. And they are so CHEAP 😉

Ps I use the Toro mainly and Blizzard just now as it's cold.

warton
    Free Member

I'm not impressed with Shutt. mine has shrunk slightly, one of the rear pockets is coming away. I emailed the company when I first got it, as a piece of velcro was missing from the pocket, heard nothing back. I won't be going back.

Ground Effect are good

Rapha, very good, you pay for what you get

No ones mentioned Assos. great kit.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I looked at Shutt – but looking at the photos – they don't look well made to me.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Money no object cycling jersey?’ is closed to new replies.