Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No.11 – What did you get up to in the snow then?
  • Dave
    Free Member

Here’s mine… http://singletrackworld.com/2013/01/monday-morning-debrief-11/

Who rode where and what did you all get up to?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Did the Dyfi Enduro winter warmup, took a wrong turn due to some scamp removing a sign arrow & barrier tape and did an extra 5km.

Great riding, really relaxed & well organised event.

Vast majority of the snow had gone by Sunday, replaced with flowing fire roads, most excellently muddy sections and a rather large part of the trail / fire road washed away, the gully got deeper & deeper as the day progressed!!

jedi

rode bmx saturday a bit then 2 trade bike shows yesterday 🙂

ComradeD
    Free Member

Was in Kendal for the weekend. Too much snow to do a proper ride on Saturday and also pretty hungover.
    We just pootled around some country lanes and bridleways doing massive skids and ended up in the hawkshead brewery.

Good day all round.

manton69

Had to resort to road bike this weekend. One 22 mile ride was on back roads that were in worse condition than the trails. That will serve me right then. 😉 The track was a combination of frozen mud snow combo and the road was flooded with potholes. Should have brought the full suss.

shortcut

30 miles in some sludge and snow on Saturday.

Then another 15 ish on singletrack yesterday.

Can we have some decent weather please?

DrP

Got out over the South Downs for a few hours after a manic toddler birthday party!
    Was a lot muddier and snowier than I expected – a glacial decent was fun none the less!

DrP

kiwijohn

Smashed out a few Km’s on the summer bike in the dust.

summittoppler
    Free Member

A nice little jaunt on Saturday morning in North Wales
    [IMG]http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp117/summittoppler/Eigiau%2026-1-13/GOPR2052.jpg[/IMG]

More pics here
    http://northwalesmtb.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ridedays&action=display&thread=9733

jameso

Slush and mud here, sod that.. got an overnighter in on thurs night and that was the beginning of the end of the snow. Did 65 Sat/97 Sun on road. Rode in daft headwinds and through a deep ford or 6 on Sunday, 80+ of those miles with soaking, frozen feet – felt like a Belgian / stupid )

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Headed up and around North Leeds and Harewood.

A fun but unrideable grind in places, deep frozen ruts covered in 6 inches of snow meant lots of offs . Passed a few cross country skiers which was a novelty

geoffj

Sneaky 30k on the cx – snow go!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Rode at the local woods. Started the day with a trip over the bars, twisted my chain, snapped my chain, repaired my chain and just managed to get it home (somehow). Chain just slips on the cassette now… time to spend some money now I guess.

trail_rat
    Free Member

introduced some endurance race freshers to the wonder of the strathpuffer……

nearly killed one of them who ended up in the foetal position on the floor of the van for about an hour after his last lap.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru

It’s all gone here now, it’ll be quagmire-tastic this week!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

It disappeared overnight up here chief, went to bed with a good 6 inches and woke up with nothing

wors

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I was planning on test riding a Transition Bandit in the Hope Valley on Sunday, but after Saturday night’s thaw I awoke to a lot of very wet looking terrain, so wimped out of mountain biking and had a good road ride instead. The head wind killed me tho’

Saturday was sledging and clearing the drive day 🙂

MadPierre

Heavy snow on Friday night followed by warming temperatures on Saturday meant it was bloody hard work round the Notts woods!

More pics…

BillOddie

Friday nightride in the last of the snow/ice.
    Lots of fun but hard work and we had someone crash on ice and crack his helmet (further proof if any was necessary that helmets are quite a good idea).

Sunday…well imagine your wettest ever ride, then make it twice as wet!
    Never seen water like it!

crispo
    Free Member

Snow/Slush/Bog up on Longridge fell on Sunday Morning. Still it was a good couple of hours and as we dropped down towards Hurst Green it got better.

The wind was a killer on the road section back to longridge though!

DeeJay
    Free Member

County Durham had 4-6 inches of the white stuff dumped overnight Friday/Saturday – the old railway lines round Bishop Auckland are our usual venue when we can’t get to the Dales but a ride that usually takes about an hour and a half had us slipping and sliding for two and half.

Bishop Auckland 26-1-13 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

Tried the same route on the Sunday but the thaw killed it and we gave up 🙁

pnewbery1966
    Free Member

I did the sprint duathlon at the BCA in Maidenhead, I thought my calfs were going to explode on the second loop of the bike. Next time I will do some training. 🙂

BFITH
    Free Member

I did this:

Hard work on the legs….. 😳

peakrill
    Free Member

Got a new full suss bike just before the bad weather hit and I had not had a chance to ride until yesterday (Sunday) so bit the bullet and went out. The wind was bloody awful and I was suffering the effects of “Man Flu” so not my best ever ride, I cut the ride short after an hour because I was feeling knackered. Ended up doing more road miles than anything because all the local tracks had lost their snow covering and were glazed with ice. Most of the quieter lanes were also entertaining riding as well with a mix of snow/ice/water in places. The Peak District sure looked fine in the sunshine with the remains of the snow though.

kelvin

You couldn’t have slowed us down Dave:

House of Snow by Kelvin Owers, on Flickr

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock, Friday:

Things had changed quite a bit by Sunday 😯

watsontony
    Free Member

lee quarry in the snow blizzard Friday night
    bilinge woods on saturday evening and night
    blackburn, preston, clitheroe road loop sunday

chakaping
    Free Member

Sledging!

oxym0r0n

TheGingerOne and I braved a 4.5hr epic around the wilds of Exmoor. Thigh high snow drifts, downed trees to clear and some skill testing riding!

IMG_0535 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

IMG_0541 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

IMG_0536 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

IMAG0161 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

IMAG0167 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

yetitony
    Free Member

Snow has vanished in Essex but was lashing it down so went for a little trip out. Rode into a headwind all the way around, went through two floods and multiple rain showers. Managed to get 5 minutes rest without any rain!

The Headwind Ride… by Yeti Tony, on Flickr

yetitony
    Free Member

Hats off to oxymoron by the way! No Gloves!!!

oxym0r0n

Hats off to oxymoron by the way! No Gloves!!!

😳 I left them at home 😳

tomstickland
    Free Member

Friday: drove through sleet and snow to North Wales.

Stayed near Dolgellau with HitTheHills. Newly renovated bunk barn, fully catered.

Saturday: cycled out and back to Coedybrenin and did the Beast Trail.

Sunday: Dyfi Winter Warm Up. Youtube video

Photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151412846031405&type=1

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Knackered shoulder. Walked over the hills to the pub and back again.

postierich
    Free Member

This then recovered all day Sunday after walking the Hill about 30 times

ben061
    Free Member

Cracking road ride from Saltaire up to Oxenhope, with for the most part good clear vistas. The head wind was spirited on the way out and encouraged a low position to minimize cross windage between the walls. Full mudguards have their place but I still came back looking like I’d been following a muck spreader.

_tom_
    Free Member

Made a snowman and a beer cooler since our fridge is broken

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No.11 – What did you get up to in the snow then?’ is closed to new replies.