Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 39 – Where did you get to? What did you ride?
  • Dave
    Free Member

I got bit retrospective about the new life:

Monday Morning Debrief 39

What did you do?

mcnultycop

Couldn’t go further than the local trails, so hit them round Oldham. Bit boring, but at least I got out.

Llandegla this Wednesday and Antur on Friday should cheer me up, though.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

4 hours of techincal singletrack Saturday followed by cyclocross training/racing Sunday.

Great weekend bikewise.

Children’s MTB School tonight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

Raced on Saturday and led out a club mate to collect enough points for promotion to Cat 3. Went to an indoor climbing centre with teen2 and friend yesterday. Cycling and climbing aren’t really compatible. My knees and arms now ache!

badllama
    Free Member

Glazebrook Way on Saturday what a bloody let down manage to clock 30 miles on the bike though.

When a map states bridleway then ever sign is for footpath it gets bloody frustrating. Especially when bridges are boarded up as well 🙄

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I’m turning into a roadie…

…superb 95km around and 1800m climbing the Forest of Bowland and Yorkshire Dales in perfect weather Saturday morning 🙂 bliss!

dawson

Did the MTL Challenge and experienced a spot of weather!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Derby Sprint Triathlon.

Squeezed into the top 100 out of 700+ finishers. PB’d the swim. 2nd fastest overall in my Tri Club out of 25 or so entrants, only beaten by a 19 year old whippet (I’m at the more senior end of the field!)

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Spent the weekend up in N Wales, although only doing half the original plan.

Still was a fun first trip to Penmachno and a stop at Llandegla before the long drive back to Southampton.

Enjoyed the big difference between the two trails but still trying to decide which i prefer.

Definitely didn’t enjoy the granny ring ascent of the fire road at Llandegla (after you come out of the forest at the start) because of the ridiculous head winds.

MrSparkle

Saturday – leg spin round local roads.
    Sunday – suffered like a dog riding the singlespeed round the MTL challenge ride.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Seven Hills Killer on the IOW at the weekend.

Horribly, horribly windy. Having to pedal hard downhill in order to keep moving and avoid being blown over.

sprocker
    Free Member

The tommo memorial sportive from carsington. 125km which was 80km further than I have ever done on a road bike before. Surprised myself as I enjoyed it and might do another with hopefully a bit less wind.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Kilo 2 Go Shropshire Mynd 101 miler on Sunday, basically 60 miles of riding into / across 20mph head winds and over Long Mynd & a 14mile climb, followed by 40 miles of tailish wind and another ascent of Long Mynd, up the steep side with more than a smattering of rain.

Bloody hard work, but actually rather enjoyable considering. Need new brake blocks and a chain now though

ibnchris

Did SDW with a mate who’s new to mountain biking. Think I might have underestimated how long it takes and he’s probably not going to be looking to do any more all day rides any time soon! But it was fun nonetheless. Great tailwinds at times too which is always a bonus!

mintimperial

I did the West Highland Way. It was something else entirely. I’m a bit broken now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 39 – Where did you get to? What did you ride?’ is closed to new replies.