Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • meta am – what's the optional integrated mud guard?
  • jsm

I read there’s an optional mudguard, anyone seen it? does it cover the shock area?

slicklines review
    Optional integrated mudguard available.

Wibble89
    Free Member

They do this for the supreme DH V3, don’t know if it would fit.

100mphplus
    Free Member

It’s taken them over 1 year to produce the V3 mudguard, so don’t hold your breath for the Meta AM one appearing soon and also would you really pay £50 for a bit of plastic!!

I’ve used the good old ‘cut inner tube’ to make a rear mudguard that protects the shock, works a treat too

quango2k
    Free Member

I emailed Commencal asking about this as I have just got a META AM2.. it will be on their website and available to by on the 15th of June 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

It’s a bit of neoprene AFAIK. They said that the DH bike gets a hard one but the meta will be neoprene. Nice bike I thought though.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cool, I’m very keen for an AM, but the shock position isn’t ideal for British conditions…

quango2k
    Free Member

100% neoprene..

i have a couple of piccies and the price is €18 inc vat

piccie below

juan
    Free Member

Use a neoprene chain guard. It will be actually be better as the mud won’t stick to it as much as it will on a plastic one

quango2k
    Free Member

Use a neoprene chain guard. It will be actually be better as the mud won’t stick to it as much as it will on a plastic one

as above, it is neoprene!

I’ve just read the meta SL will come with the guard as standard for free…I personally think all of the meta range should come with it as standard and be given to any owner free of charge as without it the bike breaks statutory rights.

the goods must be fit for purpose, and this bike isn’t..if you use it without the guard you run the high risk of damaging the rear shock..an expensive repair! not worth it in my opinion!

if they don’t provide one to me free of charge I’m going to return the bike and get a transition instead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘meta am – what's the optional integrated mud guard?’ is closed to new replies.