Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Marzocchi 44 RC3Ti service instructions?
  • Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Had a quick google but can’t find anything on-line.
    Can anyone point me in right the direction please?

Or any knowledge/experience to be passed on?
    I’ve had both RS and Fox (air) lowers off before but not touched the ‘zoccis yet. Anything I should know before I get the toolkit out?

Oil weights and volumes would be a good start.

Ta

gonzy
    Free Member

use the following link for a downloadable version of the manual:

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/listManuals.asp?LN=UK&IDFolder=126

all you need to do is insert the model and year.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

gonzy, thanks for the response but unfortunately that’s just the owner manual which only gives you the basic user set-up info.

What I’m after is info on removing the lowers and changing oil etc.
    Thanks anyway.

I could probably hazard a reasonable guess about disassembly but would need to know oil volumes and weights as a minimum.

Anyone stripped one yet?

wwaswas

aren’t these the ones that only need touching every 3 years?

for that sort of service interval I’d probably send them back to windwave to have a squint at…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

wwaswas,
    Whilst they’ve a 3 yrs no service required warranty, I’d still like to be able to drop the lowers and take a look to keep ’em running 100%

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Oil levels here http://www.marzocchi.com/template/contenuto.asp?LN=UK&IDFolder=777

Closest I found (I have a set of 55 rc3 ti) were some step by step photos on an mtbr.com forum post. i don’t have the link to hand, sorry.

Not had need to crack mine open yet 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They’re not in the public domain, because if they were people like you (and me) wouldn’t send them to Windwave for the service. Sorry.

gonzy
    Free Member

Ecky – if you use the link i sent you there is a section called tech area which gives you infromation on oil levels and iar pressures etc. maybe this will be of more use to you.
    i’ve had my 66rc’s since 2005 and i’ve still not serviced them but theyre still running like new. as long as theyre not leaking any oil the oil levels should be fine, just check the air pressure regularly

geetee1972
    Free Member

Isn’t there a danger that the best intentioned home service might make matters problematic that weren’t to begin with? I they are designed not to need a outside of three years you may find that they are built quite differently to other forks and thus not so easy to home service.

wwaswas

Windwave are happy for people to drop the lowers to fit the travel adjust spacers to 44 forks so there’s no moratorium on taking them apart.

Tbh, it was pretty easy to drop the lowers, dismantle the internal gubbins and fit the spacer and reassemble. I didn;t need to drain the oil as I did it with the forks upside down so it stayed in the uppers.

mtbr has some good advice and more detailed exploded diagrams on it.

don’t forget they don;t do oil ‘levels’ any more – its ‘volume’ now.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

fuzzhead & gonzy,
    thanks – that’s great.

will go searching mtbr forum tonight

Ta

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

if you find something useful can you post it up here!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I they are designed not to need a outside of three years you may find that they are built quite differently to other forks and thus not so easy to home service

They have a 3 year warranty that doesn’t *require* them to have been serviced but they still recommend an annual oil change. They’re open bath forks – I don’t think theres any fancy sealed bits inside – so it should be pretty easy.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Will do M-C

fuzzhead
    Free Member

not sure if this helps http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/how-convert-you-06-07-66-rc3-dampening-608192.html

it’s for a 66 rebuild/damper replacement, but maybe the same principles apply?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 44 RC3Ti service instructions?’ is closed to new replies.