Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MacAskill injured tripping up kerb :)
  • rs
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8332641.stm

too much time on the bike so he can't walk very good, funny guy 🙂

A daredevil stunt cyclist who became an internet sensation could be out of action for two months – after injuring himself tripping over a pavement.

Danny MacAskill was reported to have been walking through his home city of Edinburgh when he stumbled on the kerb and damaged his collar bone. After undergoing treatment in hospital, he is now recovering at home.

A YouTube video of him performing hair-raising stunts around the city has been viewed by almost 12 million people. MacAskill was said to have first damaged the bone after falling off his bike in California.

The injury was beginning to heal when he tripped on the pavement in Edinburgh, causing more serious damage.

He told the Edinburgh Evening News newspaper: "In America, it was the most basic fall I'd had in a long time but in Edinburgh it was just an old-fashioned trip on a kerb – I've spent so much time on the bike I can't walk very well."

His mini film, Inspired Bicycles, shows the street trials biker jumping off roofs, a tree and even riding along spiky railings in Edinburgh.

bassspine
    Free Member

nightmare.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

There is a god and he's got a sence of humour

Olly
    Free Member

just came on to put up a new post, but did a search for what i was going to post, so ill put it on here instead, arnt i good!

If I were danny Mac, being refered to as a "stunt" rider who does "tricks" would bug the shit out of me.
    i get the feeling hes "superrrr" laid back and nothing would bother him, but is it so hard to write "trials" and then explain what bike trials is?
    he doesnt do "stunts" for other people, i dont think, he does trials for himself, surely?

my 2p

coffeeking
    Free Member

Olly – yes, but to the lay-person in a 30 second interview it's hard to explain the intricacies and, at the end of the day, it is just stunts and tricks (unusual and daring moves not normal to a bike). Just like MTBing is just riding a bike offroad – lets not get too pretentious about it.

A large portion of the fun of trials is the response people give, or at least for me. There's a massive sense of euphoria when you pull off something bigger and better than you've managed before even on your own in yoru back yard, but it's far more fun to do it in front of people/mates and get that feedback, so I don't think it's an inaccurate description.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MacAskill injured tripping up kerb :)’ is closed to new replies.