Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lovely day, great ride.
  • MrSparkle

What a beautiful day for a ride. We did a route which involved a bit of cheekiness. I’d wanted to try the route on the rigid SS for a bit to see how I went on on the technical bits. It went surprisingly well and then I bumped into Donk of this parish and he rode with us back towards Darwen. Showed him a few new bits, which was nice. All in all a crackin’ morning out.
    What have you been up?

Harry_the_Spider

Chasing my 3 year old on his Islabike round Burrs Park.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nursing a ruthless hangover but took the bike out to the farm shop on the other end of the town. A stunning day and a nice gentle ride.

samuri
    Free Member

Road ride with my lad then he peeled of as we rode past our house and I shot off for another quick 20. Seriously windy though which meant tough outbound but blisteringly quick on the inbound.

D0NK

Aye a lovely day* hope we have more like that in the next few weeks, nice to meet people out on the trails.

*apart from the schizophrenic wind, some times/places there was hardly a breeze others it was ruthless

RustySpanner

Longest ride of the year:
    Radcliffe, Affetside, Holcombe, Grane Road over to Blackburn, back over Tockholes, over Belmont and back to Bolton on the Middlebrook Cycleway from Horwich.

Only 50 miles, but I ache all over this morning.

Beautiful day, saw all the lunatics from Lancashire Road Club after they’d just climbed The Rake (for fun!) and the views were stunning.

MrSparkle

Donk did the Rake ‘for fun’ on his full sus Rocky Mountain!

RustySpanner

I love climbing, but the Rake is just masochism – I have problems walking up the damn thing 🙂

Donk did the Rake ‘for fun’ on his full sus Rocky Mountain!

Full sus/most unsuitable bike hillclimb challenge? Hmmmmnnnnn………

D0NK

To be fair I went up the cobbled route – so I needed all that travel, those cobbles are gnar to the max.

RustySpanner

Cobblecore? U rok!

Wot tirez?

D0NK

free-mince ultra jey-core (with power cobbles) actually
    🙂

actiondan
    Free Member

Did this route, Wirral to Mold to Moel Arthur and Bwlch Pen Barass over Moel Famau and back on my road bike, in total it was 85 miles in 5.39hrs…sore ar$e this morning and I still had to do 10 mile commute this morning.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Off canoeing the Dee. Not riding but just as fun.

footstomper
    Free Member

Very similar to (Samuri) went out on the Road Bike with my lad, only did around 40 miles though as I had a lot on in the afternoon. we had the wind with us on the way out and in our faces coming back 😥
    Saw absolutely sh-t loads of other roadies, in fact other than cycling events I have never come across so many 😯

flyingmonkeycorps

Did a route from Edale incorporating Jacob’s Ladder, was good fun and cracking weather apart from the gale force winds which had us pedalling just to keep moving on some of the descents!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lovely day, great ride.’ is closed to new replies.