Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Long (25mile+) routes around The Long Mynd
  • cp

Planning a ride over on and around The Long Mynd this weekend…

I’ve had a looksie at the trail map over on plush hill cycles, but wondered if anyone had specific recommendations, which way to do trails, good loops to do, GPX files etc…

Any good advice much appreciated.

Ta. Chris

AirconAde
    Free Member

Hi there, I live just the other side of the Mynd from church stretton and do loads of riding around stiperstones/ eastridge. I put a loop together for some mates which started from the Stiperstones inn and looped through Eastridge up onto the stiperstones, then over to Rattlinghope for a pub lunch at the bridges inn. After lunch it’s up along the Mynd and back to the stiperstones Via Heath myndd and Shelve.
    All in it’s about 35 miles and a nice days riding avoiding the over rated minton batch and the like.
    I have the route on MMO and should be able to send it as GPX.
    I’m at work tonight so wouldn’t be able to send it till tomoz pm when I get home, if it’s of any use ping up a reply on here and I’ll send it out tomoz.
    Ade

cp

Ade, that would be awesome, cheers fella.

EDIT – I’m on Memory Map as well, so an MMO file will be grand.

AirconAde
    Free Member

Info sent.

DanW
    Free Member

Hi Ade,

Would you be able to send over a .gpx file of this route to me too? I have been thinking of a ride like this for some time but am a little lost for where best t go.

sk8erdj50[at]hotmail[dot]com if that is ok?

Many thanks, Daniel

philsimmo
    Free Member

Me too Ade if you don’t mind. Thinking of taking a trip next weekend.

Cheers

Phil

chvck
    Free Member

Can I get in on a .gpx of this too please?

Thanks!

composite
    Free Member

Any chance of just posting a link to said GPX so every one doesn’t have to keep asking and you aren’t sending loads of emails? 😀

AirconAde
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay chaps, only just logged on. when I get back home I will send out the info. As for a link sorry but I’m a bit of a luddite so have not got much of an clue when it comes to stuff like that. No worries with emailing tho!

patentlywill
    Free Member

Me too please – sounds good

WilL

Address in profilr

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Ade, any chance I can have a copy of the GPX.

Thanks, Paul

djflexure

Hi Ade
    You must wish you had not started this. I come over to ride once a year and your route sounds spot on. Could I please trouble you for one more copy of the gpx.
    Cheers Simon
    sparkbach (at) gmail (d) com

composite
    Free Member

In that case a copy via email would be grand if you don’t mind please?
    I could throw it on some web space and put the link in this thread if you don’t mind. 🙂

ijustworkhere[at]gmail[dot]com

AirconAde
    Free Member

Hi chaps,
    Most people Should have emails by now, with the exception of Phil as I can’t seem to find your email in your profile.

Nice site there Composite, If I sent you the info would it be ok for you to put a link to them?

Just ping a email back to me and let me know if they open up correctly for you.

Ade

cp

To save AirconAde doing endless emails, here’s the files he sent me, zipped up. I didn’t get there in the end thanks to a stinking cold, but I like the look of the enduro route for next time I get there!

Many many thanks again AirconAde 🙂

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ZxUeddyQH_REFXeVZRSXd2MUE

bigbloke
    Free Member

Ade….if i ask nicely can i have it sent to me too 😀

AirconAde
    Free Member

Cheers Composite, you should an email by now.

CD, ta for doing the link, shame you missed to get out. And yes the enduro route is good but they missed a cracking climb and decent out between the bridges and the stiperstones if you have a look at the day ride Pt1 you can see what I mean.

Ade

cp

Great stuff, thanks Ade – I’ll look at creating a combined route… Hopefully the weather gods will be in favour when I get down there – looks like the trails would have been riding great after this dry patch!

composite
    Free Member

Big thanks Ade. I will get them converted to GPX files and add a Long Mynd section to the routes on my site. I’ll post an update here once that is done.

philsimmo
    Free Member

Many thanks Ade and cp for uploading them 🙂

DanW
    Free Member

Thank you very much for sending the files on! 😀

charliemort

Ade – if you don’t mind sending to me also

(I have got the files from cp onto my Garmin but don’t seem to be able to open them on my ‘puter to see them properly (also a luddite))

cheers

charlie – charlie dot mortleman at gmail dot com

composite
    Free Member

I will get the GPX files up very soon, but I have started to add them to my routes section of my site.
    http://www.composite-projects.co.uk/mountain-biking/routes/long-mynd-routes/

Mounty_73

I also have a few routes/gpx files etc if anyone’s interested.

composite
    Free Member

Send them over Mounty and I’ll add them to the list if that’s OK?

ijustworkhere[at]gmail[dot]com

Mounty_73

Send them over Mounty and I’ll add them to the list if that’s OK?

Yeah no probs, I will sort them out when I return home.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Long (25mile+) routes around The Long Mynd’ is closed to new replies.