Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Living in Doha
  • Hanky

Looks like this might be a possibility.

Lack of riding going to be a bind, but thinking of taking bike for winter months, slightly cooler night rides etc.

Anyone out there, been there offer any advice.

Understand that there is a Qatar Cycling Federation who have even staged odd mtb race.

Thanks in advance.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s bloody hot, you know what it’s like when you walk into M&S on a cold day and you get that blast of hot air from the overhead heater, it’s like that when you walk out of an air conditioned building at 9am. When we got off the plane to walk down the open steps, the novices looked for the engines to see where the blast of hot air was coming from, they weren’t responsible and that was at 2am. Bloody hot.

Hanky

DS – many thanks

I worked in AD for a short period, a long time ago and my recollection is that Summer is unbearably hot – just walking around the site was unpleasant.

turboferret

If it’s anything like Dubai, get used to get up at silly o’clock for road riding, and embrace night-riding for MTBing. Summer is pretty warm, but the winter can be very pleasant.

Cheers, Rich

wheelz
    Free Member

Last time I was in Doha, back in March, there was talk of building a road riding route (quite a long one) around the city that was partially covered and used water aerosols to keep it cool. Not sure if they ever got around to building it though.

globalti
    Free Member

Jesus! Imagine a heated riding circuit in the UK!

spagetti89
    Free Member

Moving to Doha tomorrow from KSA, have my road bike with me, give me a shout once you arrive if you fancy a spin

Hanky

Thanks for all the comments I’ll look out for the water cooled road circuit!

spagetti89 – good to know I’m not the only forum member there, once I’ve moved stuff over and settled in, I send you a message.

grantway
    Free Member

Good luck but I don’t like the law that guides the Country
    But good luck 😉

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

Hey guys, i’m possibly going to be heading out in the new year. I’m being flown out mid december for a few days to look at the whole company set up and finalise negotiations, all going well then would be great to meet fellow members. Will keep you posted 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Living in Doha’ is closed to new replies.