Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,774 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • zilog6128

Great set, definitely gonna get that! Might be slightly tedious to put together the rocket but the end result looks worth it! The whole Ideas thing has been one of the best things Lego have done, so many great sets.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Want.

plyphon
    Free Member

Looks good. I’m still after the 911 GT3

bigdaddy

The 911 GT3 RS sits proudly in my office at work, it’s a work of art! I like that rocket too. Lego is not just for kids! My technic collection is too big now, and has spread to work, apparently that’s weird?

scuttler

“Available staring June 1 for $120, the 1,969-piece set”

So hopefully we won’t pay too much of a UK premium and as a non-branded, non-franchise (I hate that word) product it doesn’t have the logo tax on it.

It’s my birthday in July….

EDIT £109.99 according to https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/137

tomhoward

Just informed mstomhoward of this impending purchase 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Just after I’d dropped my daughter off at school and was driving away, so The Reunion started on Radio 4. The intro started from the Kennedy Space Centre, with reference to the visitor’s centre and the vast replicas Saturn V hanging in there.

Seeing that thing last year was one of the things that really stuck with me from our visit to the SunShine State.

Going to *have* to buy this.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

grow up 😆

kidding it’s cool.

m0rk
    Free Member

Well I know what I’ll be picking up in Florida this summer now….

Cougar

I love that even the stands it sits on when laid down are the same as the ones on the real one at KSC.

Might be slightly tedious to put together the rocket

I hadn’t thought of that but you might be right. Two thousand bricks, eighteen hundred of which are “curved body piece.”

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Looks great but…I really really hope that the lunar module can ‘dock’ with the command module and stow away in the rocket just like the real one and they’re not just dumb models. Really lazy of Lego if not. For me Lego has to have some level of function. You can get much more detailed and better things if you just want a dumb model.

Cougar

Looks like it can.

I can’t get over how much I love this. I was born in ’72 and just missed out on the moon landings, so for years the only footage I’d seen was in the credits to Buck Rogers (I’d no idea it was real at first). My dad built an Airfix Saturn V when I was young and it ended up living in my bedroom, I read as much as I could about it and got really into the Apollo stuff. I hoovered up anything to do with space, remember all those kids’ science books that predicted that by the year 2000 we’d be living on the moon and would get all our daily food requirements from a pill?

I had tons of Lego as a kid, and the bulk of it was Space and Technic sets. One of my early sets was the 565 lunar lander:

To have two childhood obsessions come together like this… this might just have blown my Spectrum Next budget.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks cougar. I’m in!

Kuco

That is cool. Remember having a model I built up of the Saturn rocket as a kid, unfortunately it didn’t stand up to re-entry out the bedroom window.

durhambiker
    Free Member

I’ll be getting that. Which reminds me I need to get on to building up the PotC Silent Mary

CaptJon
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03cy86u6Wi4[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtVpvzUF1Y[/video]

RustySpanner

I had the Airfix model as a kid.
    Very, very boring to build, but a stunner when finished.

I have run out of Lego room, unless I try and sneak a small LOTR set into the downstairs bog.
    😐

CaptJon
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Very, very boring to build, but a stunner when finished.

I have run out of Lego room, unless I try and sneak a small LOTR set into the downstairs bog.

richmars

Me to, lots of white painting.
    I’ve still got it somewhere in my mum’s loft.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is it just me that doesn’t get modern Lego?

Born in 68 I grew up on the older basic stuff and some technic. This new stuff that seems to make only 1 thing seems like something completely different.

RustySpanner

Tbh, it is.

They still do the trad stuff, grand daughter and nephew are well into it.

But as an adult I quite like the new stuff.
    I love that I can still enjoy something I enjoyed as a kid, pretty much like I still love cycling.

🙂

Cougar

Is it just me that doesn’t get modern Lego?

Yes, it is.

All Lego makes many things, it’s what makes it Lego. Whether you’d want to mix up what is clearly a collector’s set with everything else is a matter of debate but it’s not a new thing. They did special edition models when I was little, they had a specific name I can’t remember now.

Not sure if it’s part of that range, might be before its time, but I’ve still got a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost upstairs somewhere.

You can still get the bricks you used to get in the 80s, they sell big tubs of the stuff.

mogrim

I wonder how much design work went in to getting exactly 1969 pieces for the set!

Cougar

I wonder how much design work went in to getting exactly 1969 pieces for the set!

Oh, that’s genius and I totally missed it! Probably tweaked with things like the base for the lander and other sundries.

richmars

Is it confirmed 1st June in the UK?

cynic-al
    Free Member

clearly a collector’s set

I love that I can still enjoy something I enjoyed as a kid

I understand, this isn’t the same.

Lego for me was about being creative, this seems to me to be block-Airfix.

RustySpanner

I still play with my modern sets, mix them up, make new stuff.

The kids help, sometimes.
    Doc McStuffins, Batman, Star Wars and Hobbits make an interesting mix
    🙂

It doesn’t appear to be getting any less fun as I get older.

Not precious about it, I’ve not kept the boxes (kept the manuals) and half of it is currently in a big tub.
    I’m looking forward to giving it a shake and then trying to put it all back together again.

My nephew is determined to get me into Minecraft though, so I may be distracted for a while.

nixie

I’m definitely getting this one. Will go well with my technics shuttle. Our eldest is space obsessed at the moment so will be good to, build with her.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not really a lego fan, but oh yes, yes, i want one

peteimpreza

Will be getting this for sure .

In the meantime I will make do with this .

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Snowspeeder-75144?icmp=LP-SHLPT-DPC-SW-may4th-038

teesoo

I’ve just finished the Lego Ferrari F40. I think I need to get one of those Saturn Vs. I had that 565 lunar Lander when I was a youngster. Wondering now what my mum did with all my old Lego…

slackboy

In the meantime I will make do with this .

There is a star wars day promotion running on lego store until 4th May. 10% off most stuff and then one set reduced by 40% each day. Currently this https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Resistance-X-Wing-Fighter-75149 down to £50 from £84

gobuchul
    Free Member
    allthegear
    Free Member

I have to admit I do keep wondering about getting one of these… (the Lego, not the real bike – I’m not old enough for a GS)

Rachel

beamers

That Saturn V model is so cool.

Defo want one of those.

onlysteel
    Free Member

If your Lego itch needs scratching have a look at the Technic RC Tracked Racer. Good set and gives you a handy set of tracks for other projects.

bensales
    Free Member

I have to admit I do keep wondering about getting one of these… (the Lego, not the real bike – I’m not old enough for a GS)

I got the recently, and it’s a nice afternoon’s build. Goes very well with the yellow 21307 Caterham Seven 620R on my dresser.

The Saturn V is a must-buy for me, although I’ll not build it as its too big for anywhere I could put it in the house. Its more a souvenir.

NZCol

My 4 year old just saw that and went WOW so naturally that’s the perfect teasin to buy it !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,774 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.