Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Lancashire Riders
  • Elsa
    Free Member

Hi all

I’m Preston based and I’m looking for local people / groups to mtb or road ride with. I’m not familiar with many local mountain bike trails as I have only lived here a couple of years so it would be nice to learn some!

I ride mostly with my partner but he works a lot of weekends / evenings so I have been doing a lot of riding on my own lately and it would be really nice to find other people to ride with too.

I’m not too keen on joining a club and would prefer to join in with local smaller groups if possible.

I’m prefer mountain biking to road riding and often ride at Gisburn, Llandegla, Whinlatter and Stainburn etc.

Happy to ride with guys and gals…just be good to get out and have a laugh while riding good trails. I also like to session drop offs and jumps (not that I’m any good at them but always looking to improve!). Keen on kayaking and climbing too if there are others out there who are also into that?

Cheers!
    Elsa

sefton
    Free Member

http://www.bogtrotters.org/

very friendly bunch! 😉

binners

Aye oop. There’s loads of us in Lancs. And even more just over the border in the Godless wastelands of Yorkshire.

Have you joined the STW bikers group on Facebook. There’s relentless twoddle on there where rides tend to get planned rather than clutter up the forum. Loads around lancs. Though plenty get organised on here too. The Ramsbottom Turbine/Brewery rides being one

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Elsa
    Free Member

Thanks Binners! I’ll check out FB tonight (can’t access it at work).

Where would I find out info on the Ramsbottom ride? I’ll have a search of the forum..

Cheers!

Brownbacks
    Free Member

lots of people to ride with this weekend including a lot of ladies

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk 🙂

don’t want to ride then marshal and get to meet lots of NW based riders!

race 1 this Sunday

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Not all club stuff is necessarily droves of folk at snail’s-pace either.
    Boggies (Southern nightride chapter) do something local to Preston every Wed night. Check Bogtrotters FB group as well as that website that Sefton linked.

Whilst you’re on FB, you might also want to check these groups:
    STW bikers, Rivington MTB, PMBA (Pennine Mounain Bike Action), Gisburn Forest, Calderdale MTB.

binners

General forum twoddle from previous turbine/brewery rideshere

Just so you know what you’re letting yourself in for

Elsa
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll check out some of those groups. Hoping to get out this weekend so I’ll see what rides are on 🙂

Brownbacks – I ride a Mega – I think its a bit heavy up for xc racing but cheers anyway.

ourmaninthenorth

People ride mountain bikes in Lancashire? Extraordinary. Where do I sign up?

(Must rebuild my MTB – it’s unfair to leave it in bits for nearly 2 years…)

globalti
    Free Member

Blackburn Bikers are a pretty laid-back crew: BAD

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you want to ride Rivvy – the big mast- then give us a shout e-mail in profile.

We ride every week usually weds and in winter too and every other weekend dependent on family commitments – lakes this Sunday for example.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Theres also rivington mtb on facebook which may be nearer for you

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Hi. Preston based as well. Spend lots of time up in the Lakes, but staring to explore the Dales as well. Haven’t been to Gisburn for a while, so could do with sorting that out.

Started doing more road riding in the week, but need to get over to Rivi to do some more off road mid week rides. Starting to get some people at work interested, so there is a small local group forming.

Give us a shout if you like. Email address is in my profile.

Cheers

funkrodent

Sounds great and finally a reason ti justify zuckerburg’s squillions. I mat even withdraw my lawsuit…

Cougar

Have you joined the STW bikers group on Facebook.

Ooh, that’s news to me. Ta.

just over the border in the Godless wastelands of Yorkshire.

Talking of Godless wastelands, I’m in Accrington.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aha poor mans Ossie 😉

YGM re FB thingy

LapSteel
    Free Member

Cant seem to find the STW Bikers group on Farcebook….can someone post a link?

Junkyard
    Free Member

if anyone wants to join e-mail your e-mail address as it is private

i will check its ok to do this with others as i dont use it much as my attempt at asking just showed 😳

lowey
    Junkyard
    Free Member

is it private then lowey for stw one? I though it was but I have no FB skills.

Cougar

Looks like it.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A little more south but we ride Rivi, Belmont mid weeks and weekend rides sometimes in the lakes
    http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/content.php

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

http://www.teamadrenaline.co.uk

Just have a look at upcoming rides and tag along if you want. Any one is welcome, rides are every wednesday and sunday all abilities are catered for. Alot of wednesday night rides set off from abbey village which is only about 20 mins from preston on T motorway.

Edit: No joining or membership fees either.

Elsa
    Free Member

Hi

Thanks for all the info guys.

I cant find the STW Bikers FB page and the link doesnt work. I have tried emailing Lowey to see if he can invite me… I have joined Rivington MTB and Team Adrenalin – cheers!

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes I e-mailed him earlier as I am FB inept sorry.
    Oh YGM he replied

Vortexracing

Hi Elsa,

a few of us ride regularly round here, Lakes, trail centres inc LLandegla etc and the peaks. We tend to ride rivvy mid week in the evening. 3 of us live near Chorley, but Tom, Jo and Neil who ride with us are in Preston. Jo, Tom’s fiancee rides with us so if you fancy a group with a bit of girly company as well let us know and we can sort something out. The offer is always open.

cheers

Dave

PS Jo used to do climbing as well but I don’t think she does anymore

mail = eastham8 at aol dot com.

teamadrenaline
    Free Member

Hi All,

There appears to be quite a few Lancashire riders on the forum that would like to join a group of like-minded people 🙂

Check out our group based in Preston Click here for the link 😉

Paul

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Lancashire Riders’ is closed to new replies.