Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kona Jake the Snake – Sizing…
  • WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Hi,

I am looking at a Kona Jake the Snake 2011 via Evans Cycles (unfortunately), I have asked for a 56cm and a 53cm to be brought to my nearest store so that I can try both for size. The problem now is that they are telling me it will be June at the earliest for the 53cm to become available 😕

So at 5ft 9″ is it worth travelling all the way (4hr return trip) to The Evans Store to try a 56cm or do I cut my losses as it will be too big and try for something different either cycle-cross / road bike? Btw, I need the bike before June (holiday plans).

Is the 56cm going to be way too big at 5ft 9″?

Any experience on the sizing would be appreciated.

Ta,

andy

chopper666
    Free Member

hi, not sure if any use to you, however i recently bought a 09/10 kona dew drop i’m 5ft9 and 54cm is perfect for me. I had read something somewhere about the frame sizes which caused me to consider a 56cm, however got the 54cm and its perfect. know its not same bike but may be of some assistance. You could consider one of these if thats your thing – some pretty good prices on them at the moment. Chain reaction cycles has deals on with Konas at the moment?

Think 56cm will be too big

mudpot
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 10″ and it’s a 54 for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JoB
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 10″ and it’s a 56 for me, just to underline the fact that asking for bike sizing on the ‘net is about as much use as saying “I’m 5ft 9″, what shoe size am I?”.

Moses

I’m 5’8 or 9″, find that a 49cm Kona Major One is spot-on.
    (Thanks Juliet)
    The 56 will be too big unless you have very long legs for your height.
    What’s the next size down from the 53? Try that as well.

nickb

I’m 5’10” with an approx 31″ inside leg, and ride a 54cm Jake the Snake – it’s great!
    I’m near Twickenham if you’re local and want to try it.

Nick

iain1775
    Free Member

5’10” 32″ leg and I recently tried a 2007 (i think) 54cm and thought it a touch too big for cyclocross (would have been just about okay on road)
    Think Kona changed the sizing slightly though for 2010? But my gut feeling would still be that a 56cm is too big for you

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Panic over, rang them again and it seems that they have both bikes now at the store, 53cm and 56cm! Seems some numpty hadn’t checked them in on the system when they had arrived. Hopefully the 53cm will fit the bill 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member

5′ 8″ here. 49cm JtS 2011. Fits great with a longer stem on. For racing I would probably go the one-size up, as it would have more elbow/TT clearance when flicking the bike onto the shoulder.

56 will almost certainly bee too big for you.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

5’8″ and 52cm 2004 jake here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kona Jake the Snake – Sizing…’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts