• This topic has 102 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • King Kenny has left the building…
  • geoffj

😆 I suspect that there won’t be a flounce press conference like last time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Short honeymoon period.

If the pony-tailed wonder had scored in the FA cup final, would it have made a difference I wonder.

I am not a footie fan, but did love the iconic “DALGLISH” chant. There was an slight hint of danger/menace with it!!

nickf
    Free Member

Didn’t see that coming. Genuinely thought he’d be given another year.

ourmaninthenorth

Dalglish was out of his time. Not relevant to the PL these days.

binners

Wonder if the rumours about Martinez are true then?

As a United fan I was really hoping King Kenny would stay for a few seasons 😆

Garry_Lager

[cries]

kimbers

i think he checked out a while ago

binners

I’m sure all the Liverpool fans will all be very accommodating of whoever ‘King Kenny’s’ replacement is.

They’re a fair minded bunch who believe in giving someone a fair crack of the whip, and aren’t at all blinkered and forever gazing into the past 😆

*lights blue touch paper and retires to a safe distance*

I_did_dab
    Free Member

@binners – your turn soon 😉

slowmart
    Free Member

It wasn’t just football where Dalglish fell short.

How not to handle an unacceptable situation with Luis Suarez showcased how out of his depth he was in the modern game.

For me this was unforgivable considering the heritage of the club.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can you hear it????????????

That scouse self righteous whine and whinging………..nothing new there then.

soobalias
    Free Member

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ha

binners
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

There is only ONE King Kenny, and he ain’t a wendyball player!

slimjim78
    Free Member

a wonderful end to a truly brilliant saga. king kenny’s 2nd coming leading to worst ever Prem league finish.
    hilarious x100

uwe-r
    Free Member

King Kenny has done a job in a way – he did win a tin pot this year and restored some calm following the previous storm.

The disastrous Benitez reign left a right mess and Roy was not given the time / money / authority to sort out the mess. Kenny has moved it on in a way (they could have really crashed and burned the way they were going).

Very difficult task for whoever comes in, lots of work to do to get back in the top 6 let alone the top 4.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Frankly, an 8th place finish with 14 wins out of 38 is more indicative of the average quality of prem league teams than anything else.

Even Arsenal being led by one player managed to pull in 3rd place. Shocking quality.
    If this is ‘the best league in the world’? Pull the other one.
    ‘most exciting league’? only because defending is a dirty word.

allthepies
    Free Member

So..

Martinez, Capello, Pep Guardiola ?

😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

uwe-r – Member

The disastrous Benitez reign

errr Benitez was the high point in recent memory and will prove to be so for the foreseeable future

MSP

He totally mis-handled the Suarez debacle, he tried to be Fergason, but got it wrong, instead of lifting pressure of the team he heaped it on them.

Martinez would be a good choice, but I think it would take a couple of seasons to get the team playing like he wants them to, would he be given that time? with the possibility of missing out on the champions league again next season and the financial rewards that brings with the financial fair play rules coming in I think Liverpool are in a bad position at the wrong time.

totalshell

finacially liverpool arent in too bad a spot watch man city swallow some pride when two thirds of their squad have to be let go under the french mans finacial onslaught
    poor buying has left l pool where they are, time for a rebuild based on home grown talent so that they are knocking on the door when the new rules kick in. good luck too em

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m a Liverpool fan and I did see it coming. I’m afraid Kenny’s tactics are stuck in the 80’s and as much as he’s a legend and always will be, running a club on sentimentality can’t be right. Liverpool fans will have to buck up and support the next manager whoever he may be. The fans let Hodgson down, as did the players and I’ve nothing but respect for the guy and actually glad when his team beat us – as daft as it sounds.
    I’d love to see Martinez in the club but maybe a “big name” manager may be the one to try run the club so we shall have to wait and see.
    As for Kenny going I think he shot himself badly in the foot with the Suarez issue and then to cap it off Suarez let him down. For a top flight club that debacle didn’t look good for the owners and the very very poor league results I’ afraid spelt the end.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sad to see it happen…always had a feeling it would end in tears to be honest.

He’ll always be a hero for the player he was in his day.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What DD said you cannot really criticise him as a player or as manager though this has not been a great season for him.

I still dont understand why Liverpool are so inconsistent as they have been for years under a variety of managers/players.

*lights blue touch paper and retires to a safe distance

you become a city fan for the glory 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

His appointment was as short sighted as it was sentimental. What happens next will define the next 5 years at anfield.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you become a city fan for the glory

I wouldn’t really surprise me to be honest. 😐

MSP

finacially liverpool arent in too bad a spot watch man city swallow some pride when two thirds of their squad have to be let go under the french mans finacial onslaught

I am not so sure about that, when you look at the creation of the premiership and the rise in financial power of the champions league it virtually cemented the position of the big 4, they were in the right position at the right time, Hicks and Gillete screwed Liverpool by not sorting the stadium issue years ago and other mismanagement. I actually wonder what Benitez could have done with better backing, not just financially looking back on it you have to wonder how much stress he was under within the organisation.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Footballs changed since Dalglish last managed Liverpool, not even spending big money garentees results.

Andy Caroll and Suerez did’nt help

I hope Martinez does’nt leave us but he really is a top manager, its took him a while to get us playing the way we have recently, he does get his team playing attractive football and never has a plan B… but when it does’nt come off its horrible to watch.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I actually wonder what Benitez could have done with better backing, not just financially looking back on it

shall I do the graph DD or do you want to 😉

MSP

he does get his team playing attractive football and never has a plan B

Does he not have a plan b because thats his management style or because thats his only choice with the budget at his disposal, they said the same about Mancini last year, but as he got the squad playing as he wants them and with the options available, he is apparently now a tactical genius.

RustySpanner

I thought Kenny Roberts had died!

Imagine my relief to discover only another hopefully successful bid to shove Liverpool toward the mediocrity they so richly deserve.

Well done to all concerned.

I do love a happy ending.

donsimon
    Free Member

Never good to see someone get the boot without being given a decent opportunity.
    Regarding Suarez, he made a mistake. Is he not allowed to learn?
    Can’t help thinking Liverpool have made a rod for their own back now.

trailmonkey

i think it speaks volumes of what dalglish has actually become as a manager when my first thought on hearing the news was………………

‘i hope we don’t end up with him at the villa’

loddrik
    Free Member

Bring back Rafa, simple as that. It only went wrong when the idiot yanks stopped backing him. The season before he left, we had a superb squad that very nearly won the league. Prior to Alonso leaving (admittedly Benitez fault), we had a sqaud that could and should have won the league, but alonso, then Mascherano left and the rest is history.

No way to Martinez, it’s a disator waiting to happen, keeping small clubs in the Premier by narrowly avoiding relegation is not my idea of a perfect CV.

BRING BACK RAFA!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

that would make many fans dreams come true i dont understand why liverpool fans rate him so much
    I reckon Man u and everton fans would help pay the wages

donsimon
    Free Member

we had a superb squad that very nearly won the league.

Aim high! 😕

surfer
    Free Member

Rafa lived in Caldy a couple of miles from me. There has been a rumour for some time that he still owns the house. Both he and his wife enjoyed living in the area I understand.

Garry_Lager

No way to Martinez, it’s a disator waiting to happen, keeping small clubs in the Premier by narrowly avoiding relegation is not my idea of a perfect CV.

BRING BACK RAFA!!! Co-signed Loddrik la. History and those doomed to repeat it etc.

Martinez is apparently being considered as a serious choice according to those ITK – he’s been / being spoken to. Be a brave appointment that – big big step up.

higgo
    Free Member

So..

Martinez, Capello, Pep Guardiola ?

Brian Horton.

(you heard it here first)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘King Kenny has left the building…’ is closed to new replies.