Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kielder this Sunday – thanks…
  • I_did_dab
    Free Member

If you were one of the good folks who stopped to unbend my very bent wheel – thanks very much. It got me back to the car much quicker.

I must remember to use my brakes next time…

Simon

No problem, I was in the group that stopped and tried to straighten your wheel out by standing on it.

I don’t know who the guy was that whacked your wheel on the ground but it was an impressive technique which we copied later on when one of our lot managed to taco both wheels when he crashed.

Good to hear you got back OK.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Tacoing both wheels – that must have been quite some crash…
    I’m very glad I walked away from mine, ~30 mph into a deep ditch could have turned out a lot worse…

Simon

He went over the bars on the doubletrack coming down from the highest point on the trail, he wasn’t hurt just shaken up.

Wasn’t his bike though 😆 It was one he had on loan from a bike shop whilst they sorted out a warranty replacement frame for him.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Sounds like he did the similar to me. Think – “straight double track, brakes off, what can go wrong…” then “Oh that’s a big drop, but speed is my friend…I’ll hang off the back” then “why am I upside down in a ditch, can I feel everything…yes, is anything crunching…no, OK to stand up…phew” 😀 and 😳

I’ll be treating double track with more respect from now on…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kielder this Sunday – thanks…’ is closed to new replies.