Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • KaTec Bikes… for all your custom beairng needs
  • dickydutch

He's doing alright for publicity! His attitude boils my p*ss though.

ferrit
    Free Member

Yeah he sounds like a right stroker. Epic customer service fail.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is he the new fruit?

trail_rat
    Free Member

cynic-al i had exactly the same though but refrained from unleashing the octopron as ill not be able to view this thread from work once fruit is mentioned ….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is he the new fruit?

similar, except he is more indiscriminate with his insults – they're not just for customers…

obirobkeno
    Free Member

Wow… That'll be a fail in "Customer Service 101" then. Getting customers to start with might be difficult… 😀 If that's his attitude before you've dealt with him, what's it like if you have a complaint?!?!? Shocking…

BigJohn

Fruit & Nut

soma_rich
    Free Member

Hes still trying to sell that odd Kona Stinky with the awful respray on ebay.

kaesae
    Free Member

My enemies don't like me, Boo Hoo

My friends love me, so for me that will have to do!

If you want bankers who charge you as much as they can, but are polite even when you're being an A hole, go to the industry.

If you want the best products and services about from an actual biker who's not interested in taking crap from fools, you know where I am.

My customer service is second to none. You lot aren't customers though and you never will be if I have anything to say about it.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=airborne10101&ftab=AllFeedback

Been helping bikers get out biking for years and still happy to do it, just can't be bothered with greedy bankers who are turning the country I love into Shitty Little Britain.

That said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

cynic-al
    Free Member

You've changed my mind!

alexxx
    Free Member

why would you want your bearings to hold your backend in place? keep it free for that expensive shock to do its job with as little resistance as possible.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

It's a pity really – I'd probably have given his bearings a shot if he didn't come across as such a prick. Still, I suppose there's no such thing as bad publicity.

alexxx
    Free Member

im not judging the guy at all, just think the product is totally floored

Curly68
    Free Member

"My customer service is second to none. You lot aren't customers though and you never will be if I have anything to say about it."

Nice way to treat prospective customers that could be reading these posts. Sign of a good businessman.

atlaz
    Free Member

The problem is, if you Google KaTec, threads on here pop up quite a lot. Won't leave a good impression to potential customers he DOES want in the long run.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I reckon he's about 16

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Bushings for the win!

trail_rat
    Free Member

customer service – second to none …..

so his is slightly better than no customer service 😉 – nice claim

kaesae
    Free Member

I only sell stuff to bikers i I can help it! problem is there are a lot of greedy bankers in the world!

The good people who read this and who hang out on STW are more than welcome to buy my products and get any help or advise I can give them.

It's the holes of ass's that I don't want anything to do with, any of you that don't like me!

You know what I think you are and where you can go!!!

SKF and INA bearings it doesn't get any better!!!

iain1775
    Free Member

Kaesae sent me some bearings free the other week
    Fitted half of them, just the main pivot ones to go
    They actually seem okay to be honest
    plan on running them into the ground see how long they last

(stands back and gets ready to be shot down in flames!)

EZO brand though not SKF (but they where free so who cares ;)), same as in a number of branded hubs etc (Token / Superstar)

Yep he has come across as a complete … on posts on here but whats to be expected the shit that gets fired at him. Seemed okay in emails to me, almost a different person

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey IAIN

Coming in on my side may not be a good idea, I am after all single tracks black sheep!

If you're cool to me I'm cool to you, if it turns into a sh1t chucking contest which is does all too often on single track?

All you can do is go with the flow, unfortunately!

It can be fun though!!

That said, those bearings will last a long time, I run EZO for the 6805 2rs bearings that are run for the main pivot point bearings on your frame.

I just serviced a meta 5.5 for myself you might have a lot of problems with the main pivot bearings and getting the cable through the rear swing arm on mine was a bit tricky.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, I got a bike and I can ride again! finished it today!!!

Ridefree mate!

Kael.

kaesae
    Free Member

Aah the joys of google, was just checking out my company and found this! 😀

Since all of the people who don’t buy stuff from me and like having a go at anyone and anything, have had their say, maybe the people who have bought from me and who know me, could give their opinion as well ❓

RealMan
    Free Member

I bought some bearings off you at Christmas. I haven’t died yet. Your service seemed pretty reasonable, although it took a bit longer then I wanted for the bearings to arrive. But was still only ~4 days I think, and during Christmas and I think RM was having problems etc I wouldn’t put the blame on you.

nonk
    Free Member

i was starting to think that your alright man but why would you draw attention to this thread?

kaesae
    Free Member

well nonk, simply because anyone that googles KaTec bikes, which is of course my company, will see this thread at the very top of the page 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bit daft to dredge this one up mate!

You’ve been doing pretty well recently and your rep has improved….. Let this thread die! 🙂

jordie
    Free Member

I have a full set on a pro 2 front and rear and i think the service was great.

Trekster

do you have bearings to fit a shimano xt bb?
    or raceface bb

RustyMac

Just got my Iron Horse Mk iii back from a full service at KaTec, great communication by email from Kael(Kease). He was totally honest with what was required, in the end only 2 of the 4 pairs of bearings were shot the other 2 pairs were inspected then re packed with grease, frame alignment was checked as with air can on shock and the bushes were replaced. Bike feels like new, previously had play in the rear now nothing.

In person and via email he is a totally sound guy and has given me a lot of good advice, I’d be happy to recomend him to my mates.

crofts2007
    Free Member

While the advertising thread is going, I have dealt with Niall from MTB mecca off of ebay, Tingmax username.
    He seems to have just about everything you could want to finish a bike build off, contact him direct to save fees. etc.

neninja
    Free Member

Well I’ve had pivot bearings and also wheel bearings off you on 2 different occasions. Excellent service both times and a top quality product plus plenty of decent bearing advice about installation etc.

That’s why I recommend you when anyone asks about bearings. I’d rather support a small business like yourself who has invested time into improving their product.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for feedback from you for that frame you won on eBay, nearly two years ago. 😐

druidh
    Free Member

kaesae – I see your difficulty.

I think even you would admit that you got off to a very bad start – hence the trashing you got here and elsewhere. You’ve now shown yourself to be a very sound, honest guy (even if you have some, err, unusual, stuff going on in your head) and lots of folk are happy to recommend you (e.g. the thread yesterday). However, this thread will keep popping up on google.

So, you have a choice; (a) resurrect it, hoping to get lots of good feedback added to counteract the bad stuff at the start – and hope that potential customers read the whole way through, or (b) let it die and fall down the google rankings. I reckon I’d have opted for (b) – and done some astroturfing 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

lipseal you might be waiting a while, you can only leave feedback for upto 45 days or sommit like that 😯

lipseal
    Free Member

I know, funny how you remember things.

Junkyard
    Free Member

note to self reseruct thread every equinox and say something silly profound about astral alignment bringing him good chi

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s been almost a year and it’s still at the top, I can do astro turfing later, once I get a 5 aside pitch 😯

Plus this thread is a chance for everyone to argue and fight and we all know how much STW loves a bag swinging, bitch fest!

druidh
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘KaTec Bikes… for all your custom beairng needs’ is closed to new replies.