Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • just got pulled by the rozzers!
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Riding home (on the road 😳 ) from a not so local cider fest, 2 miles from home a rozzer wanted ‘a word’!

Imagine this….. i am well oiled, but fully lighted, however somewhat pissed – they ask some in detail questions about the bike, I pass as it’s mine and on my way I go!

I like my local rozzers, even if I was 5 mins late!

Stop me again please, and all the local shits too!

rOcKeTdOg

You must have been “riding it like you stole it”

Good work by the cops though

Is this a STW record – 5 hours and no sanctimonious preaching?

Mikkel
    Free Member

give the preachers a time to sober up from last night.
    It will come :0)

cynic-al
    Free Member

I ride pissed a LOT. Only crashed once.

I don’t think it affects my safety unless really blitzed.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nonsense even a couple of beers will affect your riding. The UK drink drive limit is .08 BAC. At that low level alcohol increases your self confidence, decreases your attention span and impairs your judgement and muscle coordination. You might feel fine to do all sorts of stuff due to the increased self confidence but your actually going to be worse at the task than if you were sober.

I don’t think there is any real need to get sanctimonious as realistically you’re far more likely to injure yourself than others and I think you should be free to make that choice. But there is no way that you’re unaffected.

allthepies
    Free Member

The UK drink drive limit

Win.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why would you be fit to cycle but not drive? People have been killed by being hit by cyclists you know.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why would you be fit to cycle but not drive? People have been killed by being hit by cyclists you know.

People have been killed falling down stairs too.

zokes
    Free Member

Is this a STW record – 5 hours and no sanctimonious preaching?

It’s OK, molgrips has just mended the thread for you….

allthepies
    Free Member

People have been killed falling down stairs too.

And tweaking their TV aerial!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Same limit applies to cyclists

Glad to hear the Police checking out people who look like bike thieves or rioters… 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Same limit applies to cyclists

I don’t believe there is a limit defined for cyclists. There is an offence about being unfit to use the bike but how this is determined is not clear. For motorists the law mentions “excess alcohol” which is something that can be measured.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

And tweaking their TV aerial!

Given the complexion of the one on the right I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d had a couple before getting the ladder out.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

ATP You are right. I am wrong. Memories of the law pre 1980 when cycling was deemed “being in charge of a carriage”.

rOcKeTdOg

Got a bite straight away Al!

ski
    Free Member

I like this post so far – what are the chances we see handbags by the end?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cycling on the road drunk is just plain stupid, whatever the law says. As would be walking along the road drunk. It has nothing to do with being “sanctimonious” and everything to do with grown-up common-sense.

If you must cycle drunk, then do it off road, and spare car drivers any possible grief caused by your stupidity.

But of course this is all just a joke and the OP wasn’t drunk at all….. Haha *rolls eyes*

yunki
    Free Member

Cycling on the road drunk is just plain stupid normal, whatever the law says. As would be walking along the road drunk.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You might feel fine to do all sorts of stuff due to the increased self confidence but your actually going to be worse at the task than if you were sober.

That’s not entirely true (though I take the underlying point you’re making)
    There’s stuff I’ve ridden on the way home from the pub that I wouldn’t ride when sober. Ah, you say that’s just the power of beer giving you an excess of confidence. But at the end of the day if I don’t ride over an obstacle when sober, but do when pissed, then beer’s made me better at performing the task of riding over that obstacle 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

You’re taking your safety far too lightly. What if you’d crashed? It’s not like you’ve got crumple zones and airbags.

Next time take the car.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Is it time to let “the big hitters” get on with this one?

ski
    Free Member

If you must cycle drunk, then do it off road,

It normally ends up that way anyway 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There’s stuff I’ve ridden on the way home from the pub that I wouldn’t ride when sober.

and sometimes she’s still there in the morning. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

Harry_the_Spider

LOL

you forgot to say “self imposed”.

theboatman
    Free Member

Nonsense…….

It started to go down hill here; sometimes it’s just too easy.

Yep, but you may have a window before a few of them get up….

fourbanger
    Free Member

What does an arbitrary blood alcohol figure for driving a car on public roads have to do with one’s ability to control a bicycle after a few beers?

donsimon
    Free Member

Shouldn’t we think about the bigger issue here, no alcohol sales will mean more unemployed people, no blood and guts splattered across the road will mean fewer ambulance crew and police needed. The net result is clearly going to be more riots in the future and increase in damage to children’s faces.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s completely different on a bike to in a car.

I CBA arguing with the “Big Hitters of Sanctimoney” but I genuinely believe the impact on safety is marginal. I’m not talking paralytic BTW, pretty jolly or gassed, but certainly able to walk in a straight line.

Houns

I blame Thatcher

It could be a childs face next time

Hitler

Won’t someone think of the children

He has twins you know

Own with bombers

Picolax

The Babylon are scum

There i think that covers it all

Mantastic
    Free Member

Big hitter in CBA to argue shocker, surely not. You are most certainly letting you and your fellow kind down.

miketually
    Free Member

If you’re going to ride your bike under the influence, make sure you’re on the pavement.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What does an arbitrary blood alcohol figure for driving a car on public roads have to do with one’s ability to control a bicycle after a few beers?

Is it not the point at which your skill is so impaired you are not allowed to legally drive.Perhaps , given we call drunks legless it is just possible that your judgement and balance are impaired due to alcohol. I could drive home safely I could cycle home safely drunk it does not make either a wise or responsible course of action but al knows this and can now call me a hater

After drinking, the brain works inefficiently, taking longer to receive messages from the eye; processing information becomes more difficult and instructions to the muscles are delayed. Alcohol can slow down reaction time by 10 to 30 per cent. It also reduces ability to perform two or more tasks at the same time.
    Alcohol reduces the ability to see distant objects and night vision can be reduced by 25 per cent. Blurred and double vision can also occur. Ability to perceive what is happening at the roadside is weakened.
    Loss of peripheral vision could be crucial. Alcohol may also create a sense of overconfidence, with the result that people are prepared to take greater risks.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you’re going to ride your bike under the influence, make sure you’re on the pavement.

Isn’t it customary to put a smiley at the end of a humourous post? 😉

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUQcnfwUUM&feature=related[/video]

CaptJon
    Free Member

What’s the impact on cycling ability of being hungover on a commute? Or shattered after a long shift? Or suffering bonkage? How do these compare with a couple of pints?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Proper bonk is closer to 7-8 pints but without the need to wee so often.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I find about 4-5 pints is about the safe level to cycle drunk, anymore and i’m getting a bit wobbly…

Junkyard
    Free Member

and you have the same desire to eat a kebab so impaired judgement too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘just got pulled by the rozzers!’ is closed to new replies.