Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jedi ruined my head…. Maybe.
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Well, maybe not. MAYBE I just got confused….

Did a taster day today at Calshot velodrome on their no brakes fixed wheel bikes with Chojin, zoolander and some others not of this forum. Proper funny day and will definitely be having another day again there ASAP.

Only problem was that coming into one of the “Berms” my head decided to flashback to our Jedi session from march/April and react to his voice that was shouting at me telling me to turn my hips into the turn. This quite obviously led to a foot up clipping and me trying to slow down (still only one foot clipped in and remember that they are no brake fixies careering off off the banking, across the infield and toward the banking at the other end with 6 people rounding said banking).

Luckily I managed to scrub off enough speed one legged to miss them nip up the banking, turn round drop back onto the infield and have a small coronary.

That aside it was a cracking day and will be looking at a darkside purchase fairly soon…

chojin
    Free Member

Ha! It was a brilliant moment – did I capture it all on your gopro?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Sadly no. Although I did arch you saying asking where I was going!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chojin
    Free Member

Darkside purchase you say? Roadie or TT bike??

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Fixie trackbike….

jedi

heh heh heh 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Mmmmmm… fixed wheel velodrome track riding. Still on my ‘to-do’ list 8)

Zoolander
    Free Member

Was awesome fun! The not being able to freewheel was and is something I need to get my head round. As is the full Lycra get up!

grievoustim
    Free Member

Calshot is great fun – its the only velodrome I have ever ridden at, but I understand that the unusually tight and high banking makes it feel a bit more “extreme” than a standard sized track

winterfold
    Free Member

Oh dear I think your head was ruined long before you got to jedi if some of the more obvious fail in your riding was not obvious when the pedals didnt stop going round when you stopped pushing them…

still, could have been worse

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jedi ruined my head…. Maybe.’ is closed to new replies.